Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Decent Silver 27.2 Seatposts from where?
  • tinsy
    Free Member

I need a 27.2 seatpost for my new project, really I would like an in line Thompson in silver to match other bits, but I dont have Thompson money, so anyone know of a decent silver seatpost?

I usually have no trouble finding what I am after and spending money but this one has got me stumped.

theflatboy
    Free Member

i got an as new thomson in that very size off ebay for £35. if you can wait, it can pay off.

boxelder
    tinsy
    Free Member

Thanks, I have replied to his post, shame he doesnt have his mail in the profile its nearly a week old add..

I have put a wanted in classifieds too…

I thought it was just me not finding decent post in silver, but doesnt look like lots of options.

corroded
    Free Member

I've got a USE Alien post (27.2×350) if you're a fairly light rider…

theflatboy
    Free Member

hello. 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I've a controll tech one, looks well made, apart form the logo which wiped of with the tool box grime when I fitted it.

tinsy
    Free Member

Might work, but why do I need to be a light rider? am 12 1/2 stone but sometimes that comes crashing down painfully hard when it all goes wrong!!

Got a link to what it looks like can only see the Ti one on CRC thats silver.

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Kona still do quite a nice silver post that's not a lot of money.

tinsy
    Free Member

Pwew that was lucky… 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

done. mate, don't bother with watching items on the bay. get a free trial on EZ Sniper, put in the auction details, decide the max you would be prepared to pay and let it do the rest. no need for the stress, if it comes in at your max then so much the better, if not then you haven't paid more than you would be prepared to.

that's how i got mine – 3 came and went before i won it with a snipe. relaxed and effective. 🙂

edit – just seen you mention a snipe anyway. you might as well get it underway and just check back when the auction's done.

tinsy
    Free Member

skids, you know what the only decent looking silver post other than Thompson I have found is a Kona one, at £25 I am tempted, but being picky its a grey polished finish and not quite silver…

corroded
    Free Member

It's an alu one. They're quite lightweight and probably not as robust as a Thomson – that said I've never had a problem with any seatpost. Can email a pic to you if you like.

tinsy
    Free Member

Ja, been using auctionsniper for quite a while, come in handy, think I still got 2 free ones left from reccomending people to it..

tinsy
    Free Member

Corroded, send me a mail with a pic and a price please.

tinsy
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon, control tech does indeed look god but its too close to a Thompson price for me…

theflatboy
    Free Member

did you win that ebay post in the end?

tinsy
    Free Member

Nah I bought the USE from corroded, nice looking post by the way corroded, many thanks…

Not had a chance to drop the new/old frame down the powder coaters yet so not built it up..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Decent Silver 27.2 Seatposts from where?’ is closed to new replies.