Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Decent shock bushes?
  • BoardinBob

The top bushes on my shock developed some play earlier this year after two years of use. I replaced them with supposed heavy duty bushes from TF Tuned which have developed even more play after 6 months. Bike is a 2010 Reign X with a Roco Coil R shock.

Any recommendations for decent heavy duty ones or is standard stuff the logical choice given they lasted two years and the supposed heavy duty ones lasted 6 months

jam-bo

Maybe you left the original ones in too long and the shock is damaged.

I’ll be trying some of those DU ones next.

nick1962
    Free Member

Bob your riding is clearly too gnarr for even heavy duty 😉
    Got mine from kaesae on ebay btw.

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Sometimes, getting through shock bushes to quickly can be a sign that your bearings are shagged.

BoardinBob

Maybe you left the original ones in too long and the shock is damaged.

I don’t think so. The maestro suspension is supposed to be hard on the bushes

LoCo
    Free Member

Top bushings on the giant do wear rather quickly due to action on them, we were replacing eyelet bushes (polymer) every few month on the Endurance teams Anthems (serious miles put on them though) and that was running with the steel tubes/pins (heavy duty bushing) which in conjunction with the poymer eyelet bushes are the best options for wear, change the eyelet bush and the pay should go again they’re the sacrifical part of the setup.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Decent shock bushes?’ is closed to new replies.