Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Decent riding from north London by public transport… with a spaniel??
  • thepublican
    Free Member

I’m house-sitting and dog sitting this weekend near Gospel Oak and quite fancy taking both my mtb AND my friends springer for a pootle somewhere by public transport-is this possible???

I used to ride Chilterns and Surrey hills but can’t see how I could get anywhere really??

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Get the overgroud to leyton midland drops you just of the border of epping, theres a nice XC route through the lakes up to epping forest, lots of nice if short trails up there and the route is quite a nice ride anyway 🙂

senorj

Not what I class as “decent” riding , but if you get up early enough you could go for a pootle around Hampstead Heath.The dog would probably show you the way.
    Cycling is prohibited for the most part & the parks police
    love to chat to cyclists who stray from the cycle route. 😕
    Go and have a look up by Spaniards road , Sandy Heath , Kenwood & follow your nose- (permitted cyclepath up to Spaniards)
    I’ve not been for a while to be honest, some of the locals are either too friendly(especially North wood!) or not at all.If you know what I mean. 😉

Alternatively, for better riding, Cockfosters tube and go for a play around Trent Park and then maybe cross the A111 to Monken Hadley Common.
    Never done the dog & a bike thing so not sure where you can take them both on public transport.- Epping could be good or go to Hertford and explore Broxbourne(better than Epping).Take a compass & mud tyres 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Decent riding from north London by public transport… with a spaniel??’ is closed to new replies.