Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Decent Rechargeable batteries and charger (aa+aaa's) ..any recommendations pls?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

amazon, ebay,7 dayshop, play etc …. there are so many choices ! . anyone already done the groundwork ?
    thanks in advance
    Bill

righty
    Free Member

technoline bl700 and gp recyco have been good

ross980
    Free Member

Ages ago I bought a uniross smart charger from Amazon. It came with 4 x AA batteries (also does AAA) and a 12v socket for using in the car. I think it was about £15. Charges pretty quickly and hasn’t put a foot wrong. I tend to get all my batteries from Maplin, it’s £10 for either 12x 1000 mAH AAA, 8x 2500 mAh AA or 12 x 2000mAh AA.
    I’d seriously recommend avoiding cheap batteries from eBay, my Vapextech ones melted the holder in my Hope Vision 1, the rest all leaked… They’re also nowhere near the capacity they claim to be as they calculate the mAH rating using a much lower discharge rate (0.2C rather than 1C from memory).

mrchrispy

ordered a technoline bl700 about 5 mins before seeing this thread, its to replace an ‘normal’ charger. usually get my batteries from the http://www.component-shop.co.uk, never had any problems with them or their kit

CountZero

This could be what you’re looking for:
    http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=105028&r=20100922
    And the Good-to-go rechargables at the bottom are supposed to be very good as well, they hold a charge for a lot longer than conventional Ni-Mh’s do.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Stick to decent brands and you will be OK. Worth getting the ones that hold charge IMO.

Try hotukdeals for cheapness.

leffeboy

7day shop batteries have always seemed to work quite well. Just don’t go for the very biggest capacity as sometimes the batteries can be a bit of a tight squeeze 8O. 2500s always seemed ok. Energizer seem to last even longer (so CynicAl is right)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Decent Rechargeable batteries and charger (aa+aaa's) ..any recommendations pls?’ is closed to new replies.