Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Decent pub near Menzies Hotel Glasgow please.
  • duckman

There for two nights to do a bit of work stuff,I could probably do with a nice pint to deaden the memory of several hundred essays on Bismarks influence on German unification.

kcal

Hah! SQA History by any chance? 🙂

federalski
    Free Member

If you pop under the M8 from where you are the Bon Accord is 5 minutes walk away. It is nice enough and a very good real ale shop.
    You can also sit outside and chortle at the “Hells Angels” going into the Harley Davidson shop next door.

duckman

Kcal….Mayyybeee…

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

tons of pubs within walking distance from you and its depending on what you’re after. Beers/Whiskys/Live Music/Chill/Glitzy/ Food /Comedy/ LBGT pubs etc Let me know what you’re after and I can throw out a couple of recommendations for people to disagree with 🙂

duckman

Beer,I am rough as a badgers a-hole and from Dundee, so not too fussed about the loan shark parked in the corner.

BoardinBob
    lobby_dosser
    Free Member

The Admiral is ok, also further along Waterloo St you have Rhoderick Dhu and a couple of sports bars. If you head towards central station on Argyle street there’s the Waterloo, famous for its Big Wullie Cocktail, then there’s a Wetherspoons. If you take a left up Hope Street, theres a few pubs along there such as the Alpen Lodge, Two heided Man etc -and they’re all a bit downmarket.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get a taxi out to Dumbarton road, from lebowskis along to kelvingrove and the brew dog place adjacent to it, lots of really good pubs and eateries. It used to be a bit of a dead zone, but I’d say it’s the best place to go for food and drinks in the city now.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Get a taxi out to Dumbarton road, from lebowskis

You’d be better getting the taxi to Argyle St (Finnieston) for Lebowskis
    8)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Same place! 😀

eaststandlower
    Free Member

+ 1 for the Bon Accord. Always made a b-Line when in Glasgow. Recent job change means no longer up there as much.

crashbanggg
    Free Member

I really like the Pot Still pub on hope street (looks to be about a 5min walk for you), closest thing I found to a ‘real’ pub in the city… Albiet I probably haven’t explored enough!

stevie750

Wander along Argyll st and turn left up hope st and go to the solid rock or head up from hotel till sauchiehall st and go to variety bar or nice and sleazys

seosamh77
    Free Member

The admiral is no bad, kitty o’sheas is a decent pub too along the road from it, good burgers and hot dogs and a decent range of draft beers, boy I know runs it.

duckman

Bon Accord it was, loads of craft ale,malt AND a barman with a chin mark. Check!

tiggs121
    Free Member

Hope those essays were marked properly? No extra marks for nice handwriting!!

Once thought about marking for the SQA but the moment soon passed and was quickly forgotten about.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Decent pub near Menzies Hotel Glasgow please.’ is closed to new replies.