Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • decent plain reading glasses under £20 ? any recommendations
  • kaiser
    Free Member

have loads of poundland specials but would like something a little better/more robust without breaking the bank as likely to lose! Not fashion conscious whatsoever.
    thanks
    Bill

sands
    Free Member

I’ve been using metal-framed readers bought from Tesco and (IIRC) Foster-Grants from Matalan both £10 – £15

HTH

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’d stick with the poundland jobbies….I bought some yesterday and they have some new styles in stock 🙂

Just as good as my specsavers ones that cost rather more.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Look at Bolle safety glasses, shouldn’t cost more than £10 and better than most very expensive glasses.

jkomo

Specsavers will make a pair to your exact Prescription and measurements for £25.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Look at Bolle safety glasses, shouldn’t cost more than £10 and better than most very expensive glasses.

Ironic misreading alert.

flapjackboy

Sorry, please forgive my lack of sense of humour or ability to spot a troll. You have one (failing) set of eyes. Would you put your head inside a £10 helmet or wear £10 safety boots from pound land. No. Cheap things are cheap for a reason. They are not very good. Buy decent glasses from an optician.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Buy proper glasses from a cheap optician.

Place in Southampton on Millbrook Rd does them for £15 a pair. A variety of styles and much more robust than the Supermarket specials.

I use supermarket specials in the garage as £4 a pair is fine to throw away when scratched / chipped / acid dipped by mistake. The posh £15 ones for work. Last time I went to Specsavers it was about £40 for the same thing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘decent plain reading glasses under £20 ? any recommendations’ is closed to new replies.