Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Decent places to eat nr Wokingham/Bracknell
  • Nick

Staying in a hotel for the next two weeks, £35 expense budget for evening meal, where should I go?

Nick

Looks like I’ll be eating in the Hotel again then 🙁

weeksy

Quite a few places in Reading mate.

My favourite ‘nice’ place is London st Brasserie…. very very good food.

rj2dj
    Free Member

Have you got a car, or are you reliant on train for transport? Any particular cuisine you’re after?

Bracknell centre has no restaurants worth recommending. Wokingham town centre is stuffed full of Italian chains and curry houses. Wokingham does have one nice Italian though: Ruchetta – http://www.ruchetta.com/a-la-carte-workingham/

Nick

Have car, staying in the Hilton St. Annes, will eat anything, just want it to be nice! Both suggestions look good thanks.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ummm i’ll cook you beans on toast with some sweet chilli sauce mixed in, scribble up a paper receipt. only charge you 30 and you can keep the extra fiver?

allthepies
    Free Member

Cafe Rouge, Wokingham ?

Nick

i’ll cook you beans on toast

Forgot to mention that there are 6 of us…

tonyd

St Annes, is that the one just off London Road, near the A329M roundabout? If so, there’s a Loch Fyne on the London Road heading in to Wokingham, you can walk there in under 10 minutes.

Otherwise pop into Reading – there’s loads of eateries around the Oracle.

If you want decent pub grub, the Shoulder of Mutton is a bit of a drive but worth the trip. Also the Bull at Barkham used to do decent food, and the Olde Leathern Bottle on Barkham Road (I think).

If you’re going to eat curry in Wokingham the Sultan is a good one (market square).

scuttler

Victoria Arms in Binfield for decent pub food which you’ll definitely want during a two week stay – http://www.victoriaarmsbinfield.co.uk/

As others have said Loch Fyne near the A329M roundabout plus Pizza Express etc in Wokingham.

philconsequence
    Free Member

if its 35 per person you could neatly fit in an evening meal at the crown and cushion in minley, will need to book a table though.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Some decent curry houses in Crowthorne.

theotherjonv

if you’ve a car and are willing to travel 20 mins or so, there’s a few decent pubs between Bracknell and Guildford – Pirbright, Wood St Village, Worplesdon, etc.

You could be in Guildford in under 30 mins which has some very nice places. Or Windsor in under 20

Similar to heading into Reading for the Oracle, don’t discount the Atrium at Camberley if you don’t mind the chains – Chiquito for Mexican, Prezzo, Tapas, and the cinema’s pretty good for afters.

Or you could also

Edukator
    Free Member

The Lookout at Swinley (don’t forget your bike and lights).

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

willing to travel 20 mins or so

This!

http://www.thecasahoteluk.com/dining.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Decent places to eat nr Wokingham/Bracknell’ is closed to new replies.