Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Decent parental control software
  • stayhigh

Morning All 🙂

Can anyone recommend some web content/age restriction software to stop curious young eyes from viewing the dubious wonders of redtube etc?

Cheers all

samuri
    Free Member

opendns household.

You can define categories that you don’t want the kiddies to access, you can review access to make sure they’re not bypassing the controls and best of all it means that all devices in the house are controlled, no need to install software.

sofatester
    Free Member

Trust? How old is the child in question?

I’d be more worried about the things you can see on YouTube, than a few naked ladies doing things. Just type “terrorists killed” or “Street fighting” into the site for some interesting examples.

Though i have heard good things about the link Samuri posted above.

stayhigh

As the 12 year old in question has been found watching redtube trust is not currently an option which is why I’m looking at other options.

samuri: Cheers for the link it looks pretty sensible.

leffeboy

As Samuri says, opendns is good but it will be quite easy to defeat if the youngster has admin access to the computer. You also have to install some software on one machine somewhere in the house unless you have a fixed ip address. I like it though as it covers all of the machines in you house automatically

JohnnyPanic

Bluecoat K9 would be another option.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Decent parental control software’ is closed to new replies.