Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Decent inflatable mattress – does it exist?
  • cb

Not looking for the thermarest type thing – more the blow up mattress. Need one for a week of sleeping on the floor rather than outdoors camping so bulk not so much of an issue.

Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not found one yet…. Prefer either cheaper thermarest/car camping mats or futon mattresses for comfort.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’d still buy a thermarest as yo never know when you’ll need it.

Also standard air mattresses are bloody cold, so again future use will be limited.

My thoughts.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Tried a few of the more expensive ones (Coleman etc) – still just fancy li-los IMHO. settled on Vango DLX 7.5 mat. Used as primary bed for over a year no probs

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Was recommended this by someone on here a while ago. Never got round to buying it tho.

big_scot_nanny

recently got some exped downmat UL 7s and 5s for me and the family for camping, and have to say in lots of ways it is phenomenally better than a standard blow up mattress.

As above, I would got for that (more expensive than a blow up mattress though)

Other than that, as mentioned, can you jsut chuck a “proper” mattress on the floor?

cb

The insuLITE ones look OK but out of stock. Maybe the Vango then – thanks for the suggestions. Can’t use a normal mattress as its for a holiday so needs to be transported.

the-muffin-man

I’d second the Vango sleeping mats. We’ve got 5 from 2.5cm thick up to the 7.5cm one. And all are comfy and good value.

benp1

There used to be a really good value one on Amazon but I can’t remember the name, will have a think

Its comfy and plush but packs down quite big. Its intended for that exact purpose

rogermoore

We have an Aerobed. Not cheap but it is really good.
    RM.

dknwhy

We’ve got 2 of these for car camping. They’re the most comfortable sleeping mat i’ve ever tried but really bulky once rolled up.
    http://www.gelert.com/gelert-xpedition-xl-10cm-self-inflating-mattress-789191

YoKaiser
    Free Member

We’ve slept in something similar to the Aerobed, very comfy, I think it was from a shopping channel/ QVC type thing, had its own compressor built in too.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Tried the Coleman dual chamber one, and Aerobed one, much prefer the self inflating type

DezB
    Free Member

What’s “decent”? – I got 2 double inflatable beds with my Halfords tent years ago and they er, go up and stay up. What more do you need. If you put enough air in them, add a pillow, they are quite firm and comfortable.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

We got an Aerobed recently – think it was £130 in the sale which still seemed a lot to me for a blow up bed. That said we slept on it for over a week and it was fine – not quite as good as a normal bed but not far off – you do get a bit of “roll together” and I topped it up every couple of days with the built in pump. It also packs away reasonably small to put in a wardrobe.

My main concern would be will it last long before puncturing.

gogg
    Free Member

Tried big air mattresses for the big tent. Eventually settled on exped mats, never looked back.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m sur ethe one we had was the Intex one, not bad prices if you google it.

cb

uhmm so now there is the Aerobed at 74 quid or the Intex one at 41. Aerobed looks like it might be more comfy I guess.

DezB – I’d be happy on the floor with an old Karrimat, alas its not just me, therefore there is no logic to the definition of ‘decent’…apart from it not being a “camping mat”.

qwerty
    Free Member

I think a cheap airbed that’s not leaking and a couple of sheepskins with a cotton sheet over the top is top notch for a spot of glamping.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Decent inflatable mattress – does it exist?’ is closed to new replies.