• This topic has 17 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Decent garlic press……
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Can anyone suggest a decent garlic press ie squashes/crushes garlic well but doesn’t require a medical degree and open heart surgery skills to clean afterwards.

Sous chefing for Mrs RNP has nearly ended in divorce a few times over current garlic press.

Tia.

RustyNissanPrairie

Just found via Amazon that ours is a Fat head aka Jamie Oliver slice and press-no wonder it’s crap.

spud-face

Since the Beeb taught me this technique i’ve had no need to use one (always seemed wasteful and a bugger to clean properly)

leffeboy

If you have to use one then this works very well

But really it’s difficult to beat the edge of a knife and some chopping

wiggles
    Free Member

Ikea one has a little drum which pops out so much easier to clean.

bencooper
    Free Member

The Ikea one is very good – to clean, run under a tap while pushing against a brush.

KonaTC

I have a Zyliss garlic press, it has a natty little plastic tool for cleaning built in to the handle

Nobby

As stated ^^ a knife & a bit of work is best but if you must, the Le creuset one we have is pretty good. The trouble is trying to find one.

Coyote
    Free Member

You need a garlic crusher? Do you not have any knives in your house?

RustyNissanPrairie

There’s knifes in the kitchen but being a hairy arsed kinda guy i try and keep out as much as possible hence being rubbish at cooking.

mrs RNP has a buggered shoulder from a camel falling on her so cant get too fuity in the kitchen hence my sous – ing for her.

Drac

Cheapo one from somewhere to clean it is let is soak a bit.

leffeboy

fuity

fruity?

RustySpanner

Good press for garlic.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Just chew the whole clove to a mush and then spit it in the food

Klunk
    Free Member

that bbc is a bit old hat

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d3oc24fD-c[/video]

it really works use it all the time what he fail to mention is all the peelings are in the bowl so no mess 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

Had a zyliss one for years which worked well and I liked the fact you don’t need to peel the garlic. Eventually the anodising wore off and the metal would react with the garlic turning it black which was nasty.

Just recently bought a vacuvin one as it was in the clearance section in JS. Only used it once but it appears solidly made and it works well. It’s easier to clean than the zyliss one.

crankboy
    Free Member

Having had all sorts of garlic presses l now use the flat of my knife.

Drac

We give Benzypenicillin to people with meningococcal septicaemia but I might try Garlic next time even though Benzypenicillin works very fast.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Decent garlic press……’ is closed to new replies.