Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Decent firework packs for 50 quid
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

As above really- been disappointed with some Morisson’s own ones. Any particularly impressive box sets out there?

sharki
    Free Member

You could use some coloured sweet wrappers and cynic-als lights….Alot cheaper than fireworks and reuseable.
    HTH

brant
    Free Member

I find the Lidl ones are quite good “bang for the buck” literally 🙂

luke
    Free Member

Depends on space and what your after really.
    Personally for £50 I’d go to a decent display and make a night of it.

But assuming it’s a small garden display, a selection box from Brothers or absolute,
    Brothers companion for instance.

Firework Emporium
    Normally have some good offers like bogof on selection box’s and there diy packs are good value as well.

luke
    Free Member

Actually Lidl’s fireworks this year are from a German company called Weco and are very good value for money on the whole

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Sharki- he has his lights back he told me.

Might pop darn’t lidl then.

allthepies
    Free Member

Lidl + 1

Got a pack of rockets and one of their “cake” packs last year which went down well with the collected masses 🙂

Edit: Could have been Aldi but you get the jist.

MrTall
    Free Member

Waitrose have a buy one get one free offer on their boxsets.

Had one last year and it was none too bad.

So either spend £25 and get £50’s worth or £50 and get £100 pounds worth for your cash. 🙂

luke
    Free Member

What make are the fireworks being sold in Waitrose? If it’s Bulldog like a couple of years ago, you can buy better elsewhere.
    Also bear in mind some manufactures have over inflated rrp’s on fireworks and are often seen being discounted, others like the Brothers, absoloute and the Weco one’s from Lidl have a more accurate rrp and so don’t attract so much discount off rrp’s.

sharki
    Free Member

Just as well, i was about to pay SA a visit with some bombers.

adam_h
    Free Member

I would head to a garden centre or seasonal firework shop before I bought any supermarket fireworks. Often better than supermarket ones for similar money.

Went to Epic Fireworks a couple of weeks ago to get my stash for Friday 5th 🙂

A few SIB’s and a couple of rockets from them would be alot better than any supermarket packs.

Edit: I retract my anti-spuermarket firework statement. Just noticed Lidl are stocking some Weco stuff, usually decent and look pretty good for the money!

luke
    Free Member

This is well worth a look: Clicky

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

You not got this month’s Front? There is an amusing, if not particularly insightful feature in there…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Decent firework packs for 50 quid’ is closed to new replies.