Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Decent decaf ground coffee – does it exist?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Think I need to cut down on my caffeine intake as it isn’t agreeing with me at the moment, but I quite like the ritual of making it….

Any recommendations for decaf ground coffee that tastes like the real thing?

finephilly
    Free Member

Lavazza in Morrisons £3 for 250g (blue packet) or Morrisons own brand £2.50 for 227g (I prefer this one).

tor5
    Free Member

Pact do a decaf – not tried it yet, but some of their regular stuff is pretty decent.

If you look around you can get the first bag for £1.

* I have a discount code for this offer, but as it works as some kind of referral scheme, will wait for a request and/or mods approval before posting it

bearnecessities

but I quite like the ritual of making it.

Spend the time shaving a body part and then make a cup of this.

Water decaffeinated too, rather than some voodoo process.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Lavazza +1. Also use whole milk, it’s where most of the taste comes from…

hp_source

I’ve got a Grumpy Mule Seasonal Decaf one at the moment, been using it in an aeropress and it tastes good. Their caffeine inclusive one’s are nice too for pre-ground lazy brews.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just tried the Lavazza (pre-ground) for mrs DD as we got it on special offer somewhere. I’m sure it would be ok in a cafetière or one of those stupid stove top pots, but the grind isn’t fine enough for an espresso machine.

neilthewheel

we use Aldi’s own.

benp1

I use waitrose or taylors decaf, find it fine

Or I use kenco millicano decaf

mintimperial

Good god man, just make a cup of tea. 😐

tetchypete
    Free Member

Coffee Real ‘Salvation’ decaf is pretty good and you can have it in espresso grind. https://www.coffeereal.co.uk/shop/decaf/product/decaf-espresso-salvation-co2-process/

hooli

Down to what you like or don’t like but I really like the Tesco decaf ground stuff, comes in a blue packet. TBH, I cant taste any difference between caf and decaf.

MadBillMcMad

Lavazza or Illy decaf for us using Aluminium expresso stove pots.

Asda are normnally 2 for 1

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Decent decaf ground coffee – does it exist?’ is closed to new replies.