Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Decent Chinese roadbike frame -recommend
  • hora
    Free Member

Who/where? Longterm user views on what you bought and the ride quality?

singletrackmind

I bought a PX , took me about a year and a bike fit to get it dialled …………………………

sorry

soft target

MaryHinge
    Free Member

PX SL Pro Carbon here.

Had a bike fit at Bile Science at time of purchase.

3 years in and no plans to change it or the spec.

All true.

You must have a very understanding wife/bank manager!

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re doing this on purpose, you naughty boy.

weeksy

I think he’s doing it because he’s completely mental.

hora
    Free Member

You stuck with the first mountain bike that you bought then. Changed nothing and upgraded nowt?

I like trying new stuff. Thats what we work for. No?

BTW. PX + FSA wheels = SS commuter. I own two bikes. Beats you nutcases on 4 plus. Mods delete this thread. It seems stw has become somewhere yhat doesnt swap n change.

dunmail
    Free Member

TBH most carbon road frames within a given price range are very similar in ride/feel. Some are a bit twitchier than others, some might be a bit stiffer in the back end (ooer!) but unless you’ve ridden lots of different ones, there’s actually very few bulk manufacturers of bike frames, then you aren’t going to notice it really. The ride quality will be determined by the wheels as much as anything, even high end bikes tend to come with stock Shimano RS500 wheels as the manufacturers know that they’ll be swapped out for whatever the buyer prefers.

Have a look at Dolan or Ribble, a mate got a cosmetic second Dolan frame for £80, the only possible thing we could see “wrong” with it was a small snot of paint.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Why not just buy something more ‘western’ with distributors, other peoples recomendations, reviews etc?

I can see the appeal of cheep frames for race bikes or just for ‘a’ bike, but you seem to want something quite refined and specific, and that costs money.

You could spend 2x as much as cheep carbon on a CAAD10 but at least you’d know it was the best frame you could get for the money, not just another frame.

weeksy

I only own 2 also, but they’re bought with a bit of thought and logic. You seem to buy things based upon “why not…” then answer to why not is… because they’re invariably not right for you. You then flog them 3 weeks later.

As said, give it a bit of thought, do some test rides on demo/owners bikes and make a bit of an informed decision.

I agree it can take time to find the right bike, but by just buying random insane machines that may or may not work for you, you’re making the process more difficult than it needs to be.

You also have to accept a certain amount of faults with bikes, there’s no such thing as the perfect bike for all things. All bikes do some things slightly better/worse than something else… until you accept this… you’ll struggle to be even remotely happy.

Bregante

hora I’d agree with others that you’re unlikely to find anything far superior to your PX from the chinese manufacturers but if you must, go and take a look at Dolan. I found them really helpful and knowledgeable.

I wouldn’t want to be taking the “risk” on buying direct from China with your record for needing warranty/customer service.

mrblobby
    Free Member

You rode the Defy and liked it, why not just buy one of those? Or go find more bikes to test ride now you have a better feel for what you like and don’t like.

Jamie
    Free Member

Mods delete this thread. It seems stw has become somewhere yhat doesnt swap n change.

We do it, because we care, OP.

In this case, you should sidestep the usual desire to do things on the cheap, and and actually go to a dealer and try some bikes out. Ordering a frame from China is fine and dandy if you know exactly what you want, but you don’t seem to.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Try Carbonal Hora.

nickc

I’ll bite,

Try the Ribble route, I’ve been very impressed with my R872. it’s a step up from the PX tbh. Mines full ultegra, krysirium Wheels, all for £1600 ish.

boxelder

Thats what we work for.

No.

Go 4 days a week, earn less, want what you’ve got and ride more?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Why does he have to? Why does it trouble you so much?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Before buying a cheap frame and transferring existing kit Look at the deals at Pauls cycles on Giant Defys and Cannondale Synapses.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The ride quality will be determined by the wheels as much as anything

Anyone else’s bullshit-o-meter go off there?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I was impressed with my HongFu FM066 but it wasn’t particualarly cheap and it was fractionally too small. A Ribble/PX/Dolan would have cost about the same.

But then I’ve liked 6 out of the 7 road bikes I’ve ever bought and not perceived any issues with side winds/twitchy-ness/dead feeling.

Some good alloy frames about like Kinesis Aithein, Cannondale CAAD etc.

But there’s foibles with every bike, and sometimes just wearing the wrong shorts or having had too much beer the night before makes a bike feel sh1t.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Decent Chinese roadbike frame -recommend’ is closed to new replies.