Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Decent breathable and vented cycling jacket
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

I have an Endura waterproof. It is waterproof. However, although sold as breathable it isn’t. Gets very damp very quickly inside. It has no pit zips, which would make a big difference.

Can anyone recommend a waterproof that actually vents properly?

dunmail
    Free Member

Basically if you are working hard then nothing will cope with the sweat and water vapour. Off-hand I don’t know of any lightweight waterproof tops with pit zips.

mrhoppy

marmot Precip, reasonably light, reasonably waterproof and pitzips. I’m thinking it’ll be my next waterproof.

Northwind

gobuchul – Member

I have an Endura waterproof. It is waterproof. However, although sold as breathable it isn’t. Gets very damp very quickly inside.

Breathable doesn’t mean you won’t get sweaty… It helps the sweat escape but if you’re hot enough, you’ll be wet. I love a good gilet myself, keep the body dry, let the arms radiate heat, who cares if you have wet arms? Unless it’s really cold in which case a full on jacket is fine.

Failing that you want vents, and vents on your vents. My newer Altura Attack has pit zips that go round probably half of the jacket, lovely (but a pain in the bum to undo!)

(my Altura jacket’s very breathable but I can’t wear it unless it’s cold, I can barely get away with a long sleeve jersey tbh, I run too hot)

nickc

Event is the better of the two fabrics for cycling, but as dunmail suggests you’ll get sweaty whatever you choose. You really need to decide whether you want to be dry regardless, or are happy to maybe get a little bit damp but stay warm

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bontrager Packable eVent.

Good cut, great fabric and full pit zips for teh orsum ventage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Decent breathable and vented cycling jacket’ is closed to new replies.