Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Decent bars/pubs/clubs in york.
  • wors

Any recommendations? It’s my brothers stag do so somewhere with a bit of life. Also will we have trouble getting in places as a group? I thankyou.

wors

Someone must know, surely!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yes, you’ll struggle as a stag do, inkras you stay up the Micklegate end.. Thus missing all the decent pubs that are the other side of the river.

I worked on the door of more than one pub in town, and we would turn away groups of more than 3 lads..

You’d be far better off going to Leeds IMHO.. far, far better craic.

wors

We are going to the races in the day and stopping in york too, so leeds isn’t really an option.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

leeds is only 20 miles

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The Maltings near the train station is good for a first port of call.

peterfile
    Free Member

as teeto has pointed out, good luck getting in anywhere in York as a group of guys, regardless of age etc.

Have a couple of beers in York earlier on, then train over to Leeds takes 20 mins and a cab back will cost you less than £10 each.

You are pretty much guaranteed to have a good night out in Leeds, there’s loads on offer. It will be very much hit or miss in York.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The Maltings, Yorkshire terrier, evil eye (if you can get in) and anywhere on the Micklegate Run. Lendal Cellars also an interesting place but stinks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Decent bars/pubs/clubs in york.’ is closed to new replies.