Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Decent avid bleed kit
  • AdamW
    Free Member

Anyone know of a decent kit? I have the avid one but after a single use the plastic tube between the syringes and the brass connector is mangled. And they’re expensive kits to get. And I can’t get spares.

Are any of the cheaper kits better?

mcnultycop

Epic Bleed Solutions?

poah
    Free Member

I use the epic bleed solution one

Baznav
    Free Member

The avid pro bleed kit is the best you’ll buy.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got the Avid bleed kit at work and a cheap (sub £10) ebay one at home. It might well be the Epic one actually.
    The cheap one is as good as the Avid one. Maybe better.

Northwind

Epic here too, really good.

ChrisI

Baznav – Member
    The avid pro bleed kit is the best you’ll buy.

Most definitely this. If you shop around you can get them for the price of the cheaper non-pro one.

Superficial
    Free Member

If you have a reverb, use the one that came with that.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

If it’s only the tubing you require get in touch with us via the website and I’ll send you some replacements over.

http://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/contact/

jimmy

i got mine here:

http://www.reddogracing.co.uk/

no complaints

mallorcadave
    Free Member

+1 for epic

ell_tell
    Free Member

+1 for the epicbleed one. Given the stories about avid brakes i approached with caution but tbh I found it quite easy to use. So I’m either lucky or awesome at bike fixing 🙂

vincienup
    Free Member

Definitely + 1 for the Epic from me.

I discovered last year that my Elixir-fitting Epic kit also fits my mates Formulas… 🙂

Observation of all syringe-based kits: IMO the plunger seals in the syringes may well be the single most important part of getting an air free system. DOT brake fluid eats rubber seals over time. Old syringes are waste of time, hence I’d really need to be deperate to pay the money Avid want for theirs.

On the subject of using a Reverb kit… Reverbs use suspension oil not DOT4 or 5.1 brake fluid like your Avid brakes and you probably don’t want traces of suspension oil in your DOT braking system (not sure if it would matter to Shimano with mineral oil?) If I’d used a kit for a Reverb after doing anything with the hose I’d not be using it anywhere near my brakes, personally.

Superficial
    Free Member

On the subject of using a Reverb kit… Reverbs use suspension oil not DOT4 or 5.1 brake fluid like your Avid brakes and you probably don’t want traces of suspension oil in your DOT braking system (not sure if it would matter to Shimano with mineral oil?) If I’d used a kit for a Reverb after doing anything with the hose I’d not be using it anywhere near my brakes, personally.

Yeah that’s a good point. I washed the whole kit many, many, times in soapy water to get rid of all the residue.

JoeG
    Free Member

The Avid pro bleed kit is really nice.

As often as I have to use it, getting the pro one seems like a wise dicision 😕

AdamW
    Free Member

Just a quick update – Alex from Epic Bleed Solutions very kindly popped some of the tubes in the post. Which are longer than the Avid ones. So there. 😀

He is now a hero, and all my bleed stuff will be got from him! Be nice to him as he’s ace. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Decent avid bleed kit’ is closed to new replies.