Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Decent 800mm wide bars for trail
  • fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve recently gone to 800mm bars on my bike and I’m thinking about doing it to my other one but I can’t afford two sets of enve bars. So any suggestions on normal priced ones that you get on with?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

My mate has some Kore ones. Seem nice. No idea on price though…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

risers or flats?

jimoiseau
    Free Member
    ks562
    Free Member

Other half now running these Spank bars http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/spank-spike-800-race-handlebar/aid:721172?gclid=Cj0KEQiAuf2lBRDW07y3z6f96awBEiQA0IngJpaLI7iHGq7Os0C84esNcUa-BUoFj9vjTZtE832JMecaAqMo8P8HAQ veryhappy after 3 months.

originally had Nukeproof warhead 800s but they bent spectacularly during a crash!

These are on his Cotic Soul… I won’t lie, its looks a tad ridiculous but he thinks they are great!

sten1
    Free Member

been there done that, cut at least 50 mm of each side, just to wide and will **** up you postion.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Definitely risers and I find the width perfect. I like the look of those spank bars and thanks for the suggestions.

jonathan
    Free Member

Got Blackspire 808s on my Hemlock – flats, cut down to about 740 now I think.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/blackspire-808-riser-bar/rp-prod111823

smatkins1
    Free Member

for trail…? How do you not constantly hit trees?

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

for trail…? How do you not constantly hit trees?

Same way as usual I expect, look where you are going 😉
    To be honest I’m not at all sure there’s all that many places where this is really a problem, there’s a very wide range of riding across the uk as a whole despite all the folk that will proclaim X or Y is “all you need for Uk riding”. Certainly despite a lot of the riding where I stay being in the trees (NE Scotland), there seems to be enough space between our trees that 800s are fine.

been there done that, cut at least 50 mm of each side, just to wide and will **** up you postion.

Much like the above, it’s conceivable that other folk may prefer wider than 700mm bars and that their riding position and body shape may mean that it doesn’t **** up their position…

tuffty
    Free Member

Love my Renthal Fatbars at 840 🙂

fd3chris
    Free Member

840? That’s interesting ?

honourablegeorge

tuffty – Member
    Love my Renthal Fatbars at 840

Hmm… windup, typo, or awesome new prototype?

smatkins1
    Free Member

Your trees must be further apart than my trees.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Ha ha specially planted for wide bars.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I have some spare Easton Havoc bars in 800mm that I’m selling, 35mm clamp though so extra cool but will need a 35mm stem

molgrips
    Free Member

Wot? You are having a laugh. 800mm?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Decent 800mm wide bars for trail’ is closed to new replies.