Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • December uplift
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I’m based on the Isle of Wight and am going for an uplift day on the 29th, just not sure where! Can’t drive too far due to spending an hour each way on the ferry and limited time in the day due to it getting dark so bloody early.

So BPW is booked out, was thinking Forest of Dean, what’s it like in the wet (which it most probably will be at the end of December)?

Anywhere else worth considering nearby that rides ‘well’ in the wet?

stevied
    Free Member

Cwmcarn? FoD is pretty good in the wet and it’ll have had a few days of no uplifts over the christmas period.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cwmcarn is more ‘all weather’ than FOD.

Only two tracks though, the original has loads of line choices – I’m not sure of Darrel’s most recent plan, but I think they’re lifting the original on Saturdays and the new one on Sundays.

dbcooper
    Free Member

I would prefer to ride FOD in the wet than cwn carn, deep mud is grippiery than hard packed stone..

kimbers

cwmcarn is fine in the wet, and imho much better of than FOD

kimbers

new place here

Homepage

wysiwyg
    Free Member

anyone been to the BMCC yet?

Karl33to
    Free Member

Yeah I went to BMCC a month or so ago, and it’s well slippy in the wet! There wasn’t an awful lot of choice trail wise, and what was there was pretty hard to clear given the lack of grip, but it’s still worth a look, I’ll probably wait till the summer though before going back, it’ll be mega fast in the dry.
    Having never done Cwmcarn, I’d chose FOD out of the ones suggested, yes it does get wet in places, but I’ve always enjoyed it there even in the middle of winter. Plus they have a cafe and bike wash.

Is Gawton within reach? Never been there myself, but it’s another option.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Gawton uplift is sporadic. Once a month at the moment. But well worth a trip.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cheers all, think we’ll go with FOD then, I’ve done Cwmcarn before and although I love it there’s only the one or two trails, FOD is all new to me and seems to have more trails on offer.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Not worth taking the big bike though is it?

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

“So BPW is booked out”

Although the day pass for uplift will be booked out you can still get addhock payasyougo uplift on the day.

p7rich
    Free Member

Pearce are doing their usual xmas uplift. Always excellent. It’s on 28th though…

passtherizla
    Free Member

Revolution bike park rides well in all conditions… although I have a mud tyres.

Antur stiniog is also pretty good in the wet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘December uplift’ is closed to new replies.