Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decathlon Tents, Any Good?
  • wombat

I’m after a 4 person tent with 2 sleeping compartments for some low level (and almost certainly fair weather) camping over the summer.

I’ve camped a lot but usually with 1 or 2 mates or as part of the Saunders MM.

I’ve found this Quechua Tent that looks like good VFM. I’ve had a few bits of kit from Decathlon in the past including a couple of childrens’ bikes and it’s always been decent gear.

Are their tents any good?

Has anyone got a better suggestion?

I’d happily look at 2nd hand but even on Ebay I’m struggling to beat this for value.

PePPeR

We’ve got the Halfords version of that tent, it’s been really good, my kids use it all the time for partying and we’ve used it at car festivals.

Last time we used it was in France, ended up with 7 of us in it as the weather was so bad other neighbours were being washed out.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Bought this last year..
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/msh-living-room-inflatable-camping-shelter-id_8270427.html

Great tent with extra pods to attach round the outside (bought 2 pods) but they can be used as stand alone 3/4 man tents tooo

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I bought the (equivalent) Arpenaz 4 man in Decathlon sales about 8 years ago. Not a fan of bigger nylon tunnel tents but the vis-a-vis layout is a good thing and ours has stood up remarkably well in rain and wind. I like it, roomy without being ridiculous, and enough storage in the ‘alley’ spaces at the front and overhead stwage nets. Plenty of guy ropes as well, well ventilated and the sun canopy/door opens up living space in good weather/light rain.

Coyote
    Free Member

Got the same one. Excellent tent.

giant_scum
    Free Member

I have the slightly similar pop up version, great tent really easy to pitch!

kcr
    Free Member

I have the lightweight Decathlon hiking 4 man, used for a family cycling holiday, and the design and build is excellent. It’s pretty roomy for a 4 person, 2 compartment lightweight, but not a stand up tent.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

OP forgot to mention, per value – I paid £89.99 for that same tent in their sale 7-8 years ago so no quibbles there!

wombat

Thanks for the info folks.

Look as though that’s the one to go for.

Cheers

stu170
    Free Member

I have one of the single man tents, good quality. Can’t fault it, it that’s any help

pondo

I have the slightly similar pop up version, great tent really easy to pitch!

Same, and would pick that over the Arpenaz any day, especially for touring or short holidays – literally five minutes up, maybe eight or ten down, no sweat.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Quechua is the Decathlon own brand, its not bad actually and generally their stuff is good value for the money/price point

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon Tents, Any Good?’ is closed to new replies.