Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Decathlon SUPs
  • andyl
    Free Member

Anyone tried one? Just ordered one of their cheap 10ft inflatables to pick up when I up in Stockport next week (no Decathlon near the SW).

Was looking for a used Red Paddle but they hold their value very well and not quite the time of year for ex-rentals.

I am planning to get one of the inflatable wind sups eventually as I fancy the option of a sail too but we need more than 1 with 2 of us and the nephew who’s just moved in.

Wally

I have two, the longer and shorter one. Work well. Very rigid and fun for our occasional use.

andyl
    Free Member

Cheers, I did pop in to the Oxford store last week and they seemed well made. Was still looking for a cheap Red Paddle at that point but going down to Cornwall next week so want something to take.

Was up in Whitby week before last and the weather was fantastic and sea flat – really regretted not buying before we went.

Wally

Mine have been to Cornwall, Swanpool beach near Falmouth and Portreath.
    They double up as basic foamer surf boards well when it is so rough you cannot stand up. Loe Beach just outside Truro is a perfect place to Paddle board, we had a lovely evening paddle all around the river.

andyl
    Free Member

Actually it will be Braunton next week as she’s moved. Lee bay is not too far away but we normally go there when staying at the Mortehoe campsite. No idea what the surf is supposed to be like, good to have options and I want to keep an inflatable in the car for those opportunistic moments when you see a nice bit of water.

VanHalen

If it’s the Braunton near Croyde you don’t want a sup you want a longboard for the loverly waves.

Interested in the sup you have ordered though as we live somewhere with shit waves. The wife is keen.

ceepers

Looking at the (lack of) surf forecast for the next week, a SUP will be a good call for the beaches around Braunton! Had a lovely glassy paddle round to croyde from Saunton yesterday.

I’ve got two hard longboard SUP’s and I’ve ridden an inflatable (I forget which). I surf/ longboard to a pretty decent level. Honest assessment is that the inflatable was fine for paddling around on but a bit rubbish to surf. They flex and the rails are so thick they don’t compare to a hard board for surfing performance but for poratbility and ease of having something to get some excercise on I reckon they’re good.

The decathlon ones look pretty good in the flesh I thought and generally their stuff is well made and would cost a lot more with a “cool” branding on it!

mikertroid
    Free Member

I have 2 of the 10’7″ ones.

Brilliant. Just had a few days in Dorset on them. They’ve been excellent in rivers, sea and harbours.

I’ve used the Red ones and I can’t tell the difference. The only thing I think might be a weak point is the fin, so I’ve ordered some spares (£7 each!) so I don’t get caught out.

Well recommended.

andyl
    Free Member

Mikertoid – thanks for reminding me to get a spare fin.

£7 is a lot cheaper than £30+ of the other makes!

good to know you like them too

Not checked the surf forcast, going down regarldless so looks like the SUP is a good call.

andyl
    Free Member

damn, only have them in a few stores. None in Stockport.

julians
    Free Member

I started this thread below last month. I bought adecathlon sup, in short it seems decent to me, good value for money

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sup-decathlon-sups-any-good

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon SUPs’ is closed to new replies.