• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Decathlon hydration bladders?
  • geoffj

Worth a punt of better sticking with a camel bak or osprey?
    whaddya think?

nickjb
    Free Member

They work fine. Not as fancy as the camelbak with quick release and angled brute valve but you don’t really need any of that.

lunge

They’re about the o lay thing from Decathlon I don’t rate, albeit I haven’t bought one for a while.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d like to know myself.

I left my Osprey full of squash for 3 weeks by mistake, more cultures than the Louvre when I found it.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Bags are good, mixed reports on the bladder but they will stand by their two year guarantee.

geoffj

I left my Osprey full of squash for 3 weeks by mistake, more cultures than the Louvre when I found it.

😆

lister

My kids have the bags and bladders. Great for the price. I like the whole end of bladder opening, it makes it easier to dry completely, but you can’t remove the tube to dry that properly.

It’s fine to be honest.

hammerite
    Free Member

They’re fine and do the job well enough, but nowhere near the quality of an Osprey. After a fair bit of use mine developed a constant drip, fine in the summer, but started to get a bit cold having a wet leg in the winter.

Jnr bit the end off one of his once, he was being heavy handed, but I wouldn’t expect that with an Osprey.

jamesoz

nickjb – Member
    They work fine. Not as fancy as the camelbak with quick release and angled brute valve but you don’t really need any of that.

POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

I’m assuming ‘brute valve’ is a typo, but it is a fair discription of mine.
    The on/off valve is either leaking onto my leg or impossible to get liquid out of. Sometimes it’s easier to remove the valve and drink from the tube.

FOG

Actual bladder is fine but the bite valve is a bit rubbish. I tried to graft an Osprey valve on but the actual tube sizes are incompatible . I’m sure somebody more technically able than me could sort it but is it worth it for the price difference ?

MoreCashThanDash

My lad is using one on his DofE expeditions, no problem so far.

poah
    Free Member

No complaints from my son with his.

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve got one that I’ve been using for a while. Bought it probably end of 2015.

It’s OK. The bag itself I cannot fault and a prefer the top opening system to the camelbak – it’s easier to fill and clean. I didn’t get on with the mouth bit – it always seemed to leak a bit and it got worse with use. I swapped it for an old camelbak one I had. They may have improved it.

Value for money wise they’re pretty good.

pickle
    Free Member

Run one for ages now and it’s great, the bag is made really well and comfy when riding. The bladder is great as well, no issues with leaks or anything and it works……for £29 it’s a bargain.

ads678

I bought 2 and they both failed where the tube meets the bladder. I like the fact the whole end opened for filling but I think they are just too weak. Pitty really.

I should have sent them back but they just got binned in the end.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

I’ve had one for 9 years, it only just went mouldy this year.

I would buy again.

Marge
    Free Member

they are just cheaper in every way.
    Joints / bite valve / hose less flexible / simplistic opening.

I use the Decathlon rucksack which is equal or better than my Camelback equivalent but always use the Camelback bladders

pocpoc
    Free Member

The bladder is fine, full opening top is great.
    Similar experiences on the valve though. Mine split after about 6 months so need to lock it every time to stop it dripping on my leg. However, the push/pull locking bit is very stiff and difficult to do one handed while riding.
    I’ve now gone back to a bottle in a cage as I get paranoid about running out when using a bladder and not being able to see how much is left so I tended to under-hydrate.
    I’m still using the associated backpack from Decathlon though to carry stuff and a spare bottle for longer rides.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Just picked up a £9 Mountain Warehouse hydration bladder, I needed it for tonight.

It’s pretty good, I’ve filled and it squeezed it and it doesn’t leak, or rather doesn’t now i’ve tightened everything.

I think i’ll stick to plain water though, it doesn’t proclaim to have any anti-bac qualities.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon hydration bladders?’ is closed to new replies.