Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Decathlon down jackets.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Has anybody bought one of the cheap jackets Decathlon have for £29.99?
    I was really wanting a gilet but at the price I was thinking of getting one of these. Not looking for something really warm, more like something that could be worn over a fleece or under a waterproof. Had a few things from Decathlon so know the quality is reasonable.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yeah, for the money they’re OK.
    I bought one for while out on site, and aslong as it’s cold dry, you’ll be fine. To be fair, they do keep you pretty warm too.
    They’re beyond crap if they get wet.
    Still, for under £30, you can’t go wrong.
    Mine lasted about 18months..

matt_outandabout

Check Patagonias videos and articles on down sourcing and live plucking…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Went and had a look at them 2 weeks ago, seem ok for the money but preferred the £60 jacket for feel and fit
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-700-mens-down-jacket-black-id_8317909.html

CountZero

Had a look at them a while ago, out of interest, but these are better made and insulated: http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/139203
    They’re a bit more expensive now, but they’ve improved the construction, it seems, making them better as regards water-repellency.

winston
    Free Member

Bought one last winter – good fit, warm but not too warm, bit sweaty as not very breathable and obviously about as waterproof as a teabag.

Just noticed this week that the stitching has started to go on the lining under the arm.

Worth #30 no more though

wicki
    Free Member

Down is nearly as bad as Foi gras

Superficial
    Free Member

I like mine. I bought it for wearing pre and post ride, getting muddy etc to protect my ‘good’ down jacket. But I’m wearing it all the time at the moment. Great value IMO.

alpin
    Free Member

In an Adidas outlet I picked up a down jacket for 27£, reduced from 140.
    GF just picked up an Adidas down jacket in TK Max for 30£.

RustySpanner

The £25 synthetic one is warm and washable.
    Quite bulky though.

Quite fancied the £30 down one, but needed something for the wet.
    It’s been good so far.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I’ve got one and it’s great – I have no idea about the ethical considerations though, in fact I never even thought about it. doesn’t feel like it will have the longevity of, say, a big brand jacket, but does the trick for cold dog walks.

andy8442
    Free Member

They are excellent value for £30.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon down jackets.’ is closed to new replies.