Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Decathlon – Bolton/Stockport or Sheffield?
  • robdob
    Free Member

I need to go to Decathlon tonight. I would normally go to the Sheffield one – 1hr away. However it looks like the Stockport or Bolton ones are only 40mins away from me in Hudds.

Are they bigger/smaller than the Sheffield store? Don’t want to go to another store and find its a tiny one without much choice.

buck53

Not sure how much help this is as I’ve only been to the Stockport store… But it’s massive. They’ve always had everything I’ve looked at online instore without reserving. It’s literally two minutes off the M60 as well, so dead easy to get at.

scuttler

I’m in Holmfirth and would regard Stockport as the easiest to get to assuming the M62/60 isn’t on its arse. Mind you I tend to go when passing more than making a dedicated trip. There could be some dead lorries on the M62 up by the transmitter tonight so maybe not, or at least consider the A62, A640 or A635.

spyke85
    Free Member

The Stockport one is much bigger than the Bolton one.

MrSparkle

Yep. What he said ^

ElShalimo

The Sheffield shop is much smaller than Stockport (it was the old B&Q before they built the enormous B&Q megastore – so pretty big)
    Plus it has loads of parking and is right next to M60 junction whereas the daft Sheffield shop is on the ring road and has limited parking

robdob
    Free Member

Stockport it is! Thanks everyone.

I have only been to the Sheffield one and did notice it wasn’t a new building (I used to work in that type of store).

ElShalimo

I think the Sheff branch used to be Staples (do they still exist?)

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Bolton is my local but the Stockport one is bigger. But saying that the Bolton one always has what I need in stock.

robdob
    Free Member

I am at the Stockport one. Only been here 5 minutes and I can tell I’m going to be much poorer when I leave.

And I haven’t been to the bikes yet. :-/

ElShalimo

Go and play on the big plastic horse !!

robdob
    Free Member

ElShalimo – Member
    Go and play on the big plastic horse !!
    POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

You’re not allowed to. There’s a sign. 🙁 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Check the M62/live traffic to decide

ElShalimo

The sign is more of a guideline really; the staff love it when you jump on and shout “Giddy-up!”.
    Trust me, what could possibly go wrong?
    8)
    😈

robdob
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Check the M62/live traffic to decide

You’re a bit late dude, I’m already there. 😆

robdob
    Free Member

Result!

Wife bought a new swimsuit after a long consultation process…..

I got some £5 handlebars, some ace running shorts which have cycling type shorts underneath and a microfibres towel.

We were there 2 hours and I could have bought so much more stuff. Seems like decent quality gear too.

Thanks all for the advice!!

durhambiker
    Free Member

Introduced the wife to Decathlon for the first time in Toledo, Spain between Christmas and New Year. She decided it was a good job we were flying home and not driving.

Might have to make the trip over to Manchester to see family soon, and make a quick detour to Stockport..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon – Bolton/Stockport or Sheffield?’ is closed to new replies.