Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Decathlon – any good
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

New Decathlon store just opened in Glasgow. Whats the store like – any good or will I be disappointed?

uplink
    Free Member

Decathlon are great – some stuff is silly cheap

lunge

Great place, they are proper sports shops rather than "sports fashion" shops.

There isn't too much you will need that they don't have, and plenty you don't that they do have.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Is it all own brand stuff?

will
    Free Member

Mainly. Have some high end brands though. I find some of their stuff quite good!

BoardinBob

They appear to stock Bell helmets

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

They also do a good line in bikes with the forks on backwards!

Be careful when you go there though, I always come out wanting to get a canoe, archery kit and all sorts of other bits & pieces!

tinsy
    Free Member

They usually make me think of taking up fishing.

cp

yeah, mainly own brand, but in just about every area they have branded stuff aswell (except complete bikes, and one or two other big things, kayaks maybe etc..).

yes, they're very good. some stuff is below par, but it's so cheap you don't mind trying it. clothing is good but not fantastically cut, shoes likewise – work for some people, but not for me unfortunately.

Certainly worth having one on you doorstep though!

z1ppy

I refer the honourable gentleman to my answer on this thread
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/decathlon-shop-glasgow-anyone-been-yet

peachos
    Free Member

a mixture of their own stuff and branded stuff. it's great for small bits n pieces, tools etc. their clothing is alright but i don't think it would compare to the top brands in terms of fit & functionality. buy their £50 workstand if you don't already have one, it's great and £50!

santacruzsi
    Free Member

It's good, there's a big one here in Stockport. Get things like cheap baselayers for about £6.00 and microfleeces for about the same. Good for little things, nik-naks and the like! And like others have said you end up coming out with all sorts!

lunge

The own brand stuff is good for the price, but it is not high end stuff. Saying that, I bought a soft shell from there they has served me for 3 years of winter riding and a skiing trip. I think it was about £30.

mudshark
    Free Member

I'm a fan; I wonder over to the Surrey Quays one sometimes just to see what's tempting – often find tempting ladies in the horse section….

cxi
    Free Member

Great for no-frills basics like base layers, socks and stuff. Apart from my fave' Smartwool merino top, almost all of my running gear is Decathlon (or Aldi!).

simon_g

Great for basics – if you don't have a camelbak airer and brush they do a great kit for a tenner.

Really good for basic camping, running, swimming and other sport bits and bobs too. As said, it's a "proper" sports shop rather than a place full of fashionable sportswear for chavs to wear down the high street.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon – any good’ is closed to new replies.