• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by sb88.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Decathlon 105 road bike
  • geologist
    Free Member

Wow, 105 with aksiums etc, for £600!

Does anyone have any experience with a decathlon road bike?

Cheers

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Looks alot of bike for the money, cant go wrong with 105 and a good set of wheels

chakaping
    Free Member

The £300 Tribans are well regarded, worth a punt I reckon – you can always port the bits over to another frame if necessary.

dantsw13

I have a mate who lives in Grenoble, and rides that exact bike in the Alps. It’s a great bike for the cash. If it was re-badged to a posher brand and sold for £1k it would be raved about.

lunge

As I said in the other thread, they look cracking for the money, they look good in the flesh too, nothing stood out as looking cheap or being nasty. I’m very close to getting my wife one.

sb88
    Free Member

My gf’s Triban 500 is good – attention to detail – smaller bikes come in 650c wheels sizes. I’d personally want a road bike with more tyre clearance… Good looking bike too, but not overly nick-able.

A mechanic I know who has worked in Decathlon tells me the bikes are generally decent, bar the hubs. Also, the flat bar road bike tries to mix MTB shifters with road front mech (or flat bar road shifters with road front mech) which doesn’t work with modern drivetrains, so it never works optimally.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon 105 road bike’ is closed to new replies.