Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Debt Recovery
  • pingu66
    Free Member

Hopefully the collective can help here.

This morning I received a letter from a debt recover agency claiming I owe a company a very small amount of money, unfortunately the debt recovery agency has the wrong company details on the letter of a non existent organisation. It’s not a simple misspelling.

I have a history with the company the debt agency is representing in that they actually owe me a significant amount of money which is in the hands of the Financial Ombudsman at the present time and has been ongoing for several years. I contacted the debt agency and they have sent the enquiry back with no further action which is OK. I also contacted the company who still intend to pursue this despite me explaining that they will only receive this from my cold dead hands.

Question is who is responsible for the letter effectively demanding money for a non existent company?

Is it criminal in which case I have no problem invovling the police.

teethgrinder

Phishing, old school.

Plenty of people are so scared by debt collectors letters (especially with red capitals!) that they just pay up.

Financial Ombudsman, stopping at the consumer action group website on the way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Debt Recovery’ is closed to new replies.