• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by kiksy.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Debonair shock wear
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Just noticed this today while giving the bike a quick clean. Only showing wear on one side, anyone had similar issue on a debonair shock? It’s about 3 month old.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Misalignment?

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

I had similar on mine after about 9 months. SRAM replaced it under warranty. Hope you get it sorted.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My mate had this on his spesh enduro, SRAM highlighted misalignment, warranties his shock, spesh provided him with a new frame, didn’t have his size left in alloy, so got a carbon instead…… Awesome.

windysurfer
    Free Member

Mine did this ended up replacing as it wasn’t in warranty as I bought the bike second hand.I think it may have been down to the shock bushing being tight and not allowing the shock to move freely

bungalistic
    Free Member

Alignment seems ok but can’t be sure i’ve measured super accurate, i’m fairly sure it’ll get sorted ok just thought i’d check to see if there were others who’ve seen similar wear. How long did your warranty jobs take?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine has done the same only it’s on the back of the shock nearest the seat tube and I’m not running spacers on the top shock pin so two things there that suggest it’s not misalignment.

kimbers

Rockshox, not as well sealed as fox shocks ime, so this will happen

Onzadog
    Free Member

Agreed. Mine is constantly spewing it’s guts down the stanchion. In fact, when it dries up, I know it’s time for an air can service.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

My monarch plus started to do the same thing with visible wear with a very uniform band around the point of sag on the inner seals,within around 10 months of riding ,had a bit of a warranty ‘tussle’ but got new shaft in the end .They tried to tell me it was dirt / insufficient care etc but I knew it wasn’t…

kimbers

I was told I had been jet washing mine – I hadn’t.

Got it warrantied and replaced it with a fox

trigrwoods
    Free Member

Yep, happened with mine after about 5 months of use, i had to pay for it to be repaired (new damper) and i am now preparing to service it after 4 months of use to prevent it happening again. Will be looking to replace the shock when funds allow and when ive decided which one to get.

kiksy
    Free Member

I had it happen to one after about 10 months. Was told it was dirt under the seal so took it on the chin and replaced it with another one. Happened again within 3 months of meticulous cleaning and servicing.

Sent it off to SRAM who claimed I’d serviced it using the wrong products. Sent them a photo of the SRAM branded grease and butter which were exactly what it says in the service guide. About 4 weeks later got a brand new shock back.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Debonair shock wear’ is closed to new replies.