Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Debonair
  • jakehinton
    Free Member

Just seen an article about new debonair upgrade for rs shocks. Wmb gave it 5 stars and were really impressed… Just wondering if anyone has actually tried upgrading their rt3? Also would an upgraded rt3 be the same as a new 2014 debonair rt3 or have they changed damper etc? Just wondering as upgrade is around 100 quid and can pick up a brand new debonair shock for just under 200 and sell old shock

bikeneil
    Free Member

Magazines are always [strike]bribed[/strike] impressed with new products thay they get send for free.

jakehinton
    Free Member

well yeah certain mags do seem to veer towards certain brands for sure!

blahblahblah
    Free Member

Depends on the frame you fit it too to a certain extent. It has the same performance as a monarch shock but different characteristics.

It gives you a more linear spring curve. On some bikes that will give you increased sensitivity and traction whereas others it is overkill and will make the bike feel soft and wallowy.

What bike are you thinking of? If you want to reduce the progression of the suspension then it could be good. It won’t be ‘better’ though, just different.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It’s not really a problem though if the shock becomes to linear for the frame though is it? All you have to do is reduce the air chamber size a bit to give it the ramp up at the end, the increased negative spring size should stay the same shouldn’t it? Giving you a more supple shock in the first few inches of travel.

Besides, if you’re using too much travel with the new shock….just add some more PSI…the new negative spring means that it will keep more small bump compliance at higher PSI ranges….and you will get increased mid stroke support.

Personally if I hadn’t had the shock PUSHed, I’d get that done first though.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’ve got the debonair plus, changed from a monarch plus, 160mm travel on a zesty. It’s good but very different from anything I’ve had before rp2/rp23/monarch/kash rp23 boost hv. It feels like a coil shock the air pressure to get the correct sag is HUGE… But still feels good on small stuff just strange. TBH I’ve been away or busy so not yet rode it enough to judge properly but I was really impressed with the monarch plus that I had before.

jakehinton
    Free Member

it wold be for my mega tr

deanfbm
    Free Member

Went debonair on my mega tr, entire 2014 shock though. Game changer. Even had a DBAir CS and feel the monarch debonair felt far superior.

Toms correct about the progression of the air spring too. You can alter the volume. But the big neg air chamber makes things more supple so can run the shock harder to get all the progression you need.

That’s the thing with large volume air cans, to get enough progression and prevent wallow you need to run them that hard you lose all suppleness, the large neg air chamber get you back that suppleness.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Debonair’ is closed to new replies.