Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Dear STW mods/ IT bods……,
  • alfabus
    Free Member

I think he’s an idiot thats trying to cover his tracks by being funny.

Is that a variant of the Edinburgh defense?

defydude
    Free Member

This thread is confusing.

RustySpanner

Fïñê œñè mý Åñdròîd.

nealglover
    Free Member

Well, I know I am not an idiot, as I am not the one thinking I have an iPhone 6!

Well I feel like an idiot for upgrading my iPhone 5 for an iPhone 6 in Hong Kong last month.

Wish I hadn’t bothered. The new version of the personal assistant is rubbish, doesn’t know anything.

Although quite aptly named “Sori”

patricksingletrack
    Free Member

Hi IA,
    I’m not an iOS developer but am trying to help. If I give misinformation, it is not malicious but rather a symptom of my inability to achieve perfection 🙂

Limited time to go through that. However, am I misreading or is there a large caveat at the end.
    “The system handles almost every case for you and well written audio, GPS, VOIP, Newsstand and accessory apps will handle the rest.”

Without the tools to benchmark iPhone performance on all of a users background apps I can’t be sure that one of their apps isn’t using RAM.

If you take what Apple says as gospel how do you explane how Safari freezes on my iPad and can only be force quit via the Multitasking bar. Surely the system is supposed to handle the freeze and quit Safari for me?

Quitting apps and restarting the device appears to me to solve many app performance issues – would be genuinely good to know if this is an illusion and I am better to just stare at it until it fixes itself.

GrahamS

Yep, quitting “background” apps is frequently suggested by iPhone developers too. Especially for big memory intensive games like Infinity Blade:

“Shut down all other Apps running in the background, including Infinity Blade, then re-start Infinity Blade.”
    http://epicgames.com/infinityblade/faq.html

Yes I believe the OS handles most instances of this, but I guess freeing up memory etc causes delays/stutters and some apps may not handle these well.

khani
    Free Member

Fine here,..
    Sent by my ithink implant 9s

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ nealglover!

Velly good!

spacemonkey

All fine on my iP4.

dazz
    Free Member

?uo?d? ?? uo s??lqo?d ou

muggomagic

?uo?d? ?? uo s??lqo?d ou

There is……. It hasn’t capitalised the P in phone.

emma82
    Free Member

iPhone 7s is fine, but then I don’t have to type, the phone just reads my mind and hey presto it appears on the screen.

chewkw
    Free Member

So the company bans STW but iPhone comes to the rescue … LOL!

You guys need to stop skyving … 😆

teethgrinder

All cool on N900…on MicroB, Fennec and Opera.

psling
    Free Member

emma82 – Member
    iPhone 7s is fine, but then I don’t have to type, the phone just reads my mind…

Now, that is seriously impressive. Something that can read a woman’s mind 😯

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Dear STW mods/ IT bods……,’ is closed to new replies.