Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dear Mr Car Driver – please kill me
  • rascal
    Free Member

Ok, a bit OTT but I was amazed driving through Leicester earlier how many nobbers were riding bikes wearing headphones with either shit lights or even better, no lights at all.
    One guy was carrying loads of bags, wearing black with ‘phones on and no lights and even cut right across a busy junction as soon as the lights went green – mind-bogglingly stupid.

There is no excuse whatsoever – shortly after I picked up some F & R Knog-style bright lights for……£4!

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yep… seeing (but only just) loads of bike ninjas around here at the moment. Mental.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just been out for a twilight road ride, was using USE Exposure Flash and Flare lights, reflective ankle bands, hi viz helmet and red and white riding kit.
    Saw a bloke coming the other way on an expensive road bike, wearing full black team SKY kit and lights that i could only just see when i was directly opposite him!

FFS, you’ve spent £££ on the bike and kit – get some decent lights!

PrinceJohn

Yep… seeing (but only just) loads of bike ninjas around here at the moment. Mental.

There is sometimes part of me that thinks, if the drivers can’t see me they won’t know I’m there to run over….

IanW
    Free Member

Know what you mean.. I pulled up next to this guy in an A4 all I could hear was Jeremy Vine on radio two and I was outside his car!!!

The driver didn’t have a any polystyrene on his head or a hi viz, he’ll be the first to complain when a tipper truck t bones him, some people eh.

crazy-legs

It’s that time of year. Getting dark in the evenings, getting colder. Not just cyclists, plenty of stupid drivers out there too; no lights, fogged up windows. There’s always a few really dangerous weeks around now as drivers try and get used to driving in dark wet conditions again and as cyclists realise that they need lights and hi vis.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dear Mr Car Driver – please kill me’ is closed to new replies.