Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Dear Lord what have I done? Caution FUGLY 29er ss content
  • tazzymtb

Hmmm, new stiff frontage variation of my spare 29er with lots of loopy stuff. Dear god it’s ugly but great fun and will probably cause spontaneous vomiting into keyboards across the land.

singlespeedstu

The fork looks like it’s had a good hard polishing.

Glad to see you figured out how to get the headset to work.

RealMan
    Free Member

tazzymtb

Glad to see you figured out how to get the headset to work.

the lovely chaps at mammoth cycles sorted me out with 2 hope headset uppers. Top lads!

yossarian
    Free Member

It’s hard to produce something that spectacularly ugly, I respect and deplore you equally 🙂 I’m sure it rides great and that’s what really matters but if I ever see that bike again I will dig my eyes out with a desert spoon.

honourablegeorge

I don’t think it’s bad.

I think I could cope with a few more pics of it, and a spec.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It’s not that bad

Welcome to the world of Truss forks

tazzymtb

honourablegeorge- it’s a prototype scandal that’s got slightly odd geometry so a jones ti truss fork works really well with it. It’s got the same “very over the back wheel” short chainstay going as well. If it rides well on more aggro lumpy stuff in the peak them I’ll get a Ti version of the frame made as I love the design of it.

tazzymtb

if I ever see that bike again I will dig my eyes out with a desert spoon.

get diggin!

Clink

honourablegeorge- it’s a prototype scandal that’s got slightly odd geometry so a jones ti truss fork works really well with it. It’s got the same “very over the back wheel” short chainstay going as well. If it rides well on more aggro lumpy stuff in the peak them I’ll get a Ti version of the frame made as I love the design of it.

I was considering getting a ti version of the Jones production diamond frame done, using Triton in Russia. Who were you thinking of using?

tazzymtb

a mate has the details for a ti frame builder in Russia, so probably the same chap!

kudos100
    Free Member

I don’t have the words…..

yossarian
    Free Member

Gaaarrgghh
    🙂

Actually from that view it looks pretty cool.

Inspiring garden huh? Go you!

chainslapp
    Free Member

I bet you wont get the, brake, squish………………………..turn scenario you had with the Manitou forks, 😉

Bimbler
    Free Member

It’s no Jones but I like it a lot, is the proto one for the future, or something That never happened?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

So……what happened to ‘i’m not putting photos of it on stw’?????

chainslapp
    Free Member

I think you won the bet Pop!!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Quelle suprise- he really is an attentionwhore!!
    Whats more -he has built that up instead of doing mine!!!!

fontmoss
    Free Member

looks like it could be a lot of fun, wouldn’t mind trying truss forks-not sure they’d ever look good on the superfly though

chainslapp
    Free Member

He also promised to do yours straight away after he finished his, today I believe???? 😯

brant
    Free Member

It’s got the same “very over the back wheel” short chainstay going as well

It’s got the same chainstay length as a standard Scandal. But does have a much slacker seat angle.

cynic-al
    Free Member

And the benefits of truss forks are…?

Actually same Q for short chainstays? Never seen the point, I suppose on a SS you’re not going to be wheelying in the granny gear on climbs, your weight will be forward out the saddle.

radoggair
    Free Member

i feel very very ill just now. Did it come with a free labrador and white stick?

Also, put the hose away properly after you, someone could trip on that 🙂

ivantate
    Free Member

twangy like an old manitou fork?

Bregante

I’ve got a great wicker basket that’ll look just right on the front of that

Exactly what I was thinking

tazzymtb

pop- bring your bits round to the tazzy abode and I’ll start building your Ti frame up for you

tazzymtb

I want a basket wiv ET in it and some tassles for the bars and one of these for the ramble types

tazzymtb

Brant- can you design something in a similar fun stylee again please 😀

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ha, fully ghey try hard ss stu wannabe nobber 😉

bol

Following the principal of form over function it must work beautifully.

ChrisL

The fork doesn’t bother me, I find it interesting, but I don’t like the bars much.

Actually same Q for short chainstays?

I think the answer is: If you have short chainstays you can have a steep seat angle and a long top tube without making the wheelbase horrendously long. Steep seat angle/short chainstay can be used to keep your weight in the same position as slack seat angle/long chainstay when climbing but means your weight is in a different position when you’re descending.

tazzymtb

Following the principal of form over function it must work beautifully.

Ace comment! gold star and a scratch and sniff sticker 😆

tazzymtb

Swede- I’m about 10st too light to be a stu wananbe, I’m going to practice crashing lots instead so I can be like you 😆

tazzymtb

oh and it will only be out at night or in the depths of horrible weather to keep my nice bikes pretty so hopefully it won’t cause too much hilarity/offense

it’s a bit like a fat lass, great to ride until your mates see you with it

try5
    Free Member

desert spoon?

TheSwede
    Free Member

To crash like me you need to be able to ride terrain other than fire roads although I am highly trained at undignified fire road dismounts as well. It’s an art form you know. Not just any punk off the street can do it.

tazzymtb

I need to master the art of wearing ladies clothing with such panache as well

brant
    Free Member

That bike was designed as a fixie, so climbing would be out of the saddle, and it’d be easy to pop the front end up when seated.

It’s horrible with gears, apparently – and I can imagine so. Wheelietastic.

adeward
    Free Member

you are not really trying hard enough,, I can go shorter and possibly uglier personaly i think it’s great but I also own and love Preston the bike not the town , actualy I have only been to Preston (the town ) once so cant really comment

anyway back to the bike as thats why we are all here

tazzymtb

with gears it would be horrible 😯

climbs beautifully,is super fun on the all best wiggly bits though and is a right old hoot on the downs

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Dear Lord what have I done? Caution FUGLY 29er ss content’ is closed to new replies.