Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dealing with very.co.uk? Absolute nightmare…
  • tron
    Free Member

Has anyone got any tips for dealing with Very.co.uk or direct contact numbers?

They had a good offer of a PS3 with 3 games and next day delivery to a local shop for £279, less a 10% discount on your first order, and the option to pay for it over 3 months with no interest if you fancied. I was working may way through the checkout, and all of a sudden I’m on a confirmed purchase page. No 10% discount was applied, and I got a lovely little confirmation note explaining that I’d just bought a Playstation on 12 month credit terms with an APR of something like 49%!!!!

Ringing their customer service helpline results in half an hour of hold music followed by a dead line. I was ringing them to get this straightened out, but my current experience has me thinking that the best thing to do would be to run a mile.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trading Standards, Credit Card Company should be your first port of call. Has Scam written all over it.

porlus
    Free Member

Ordered a computer desk from them a few years back. Thought I had paid for it there and then on my switch card. Letter came in the post from them a month later. I ignored it as I thought it was spam. Then another letter a month later, this time looking more serious. Opened it, and it was a credit card bill with massive charges for late payment. Straight on the phpne. Explained the situation and that I was far from happy as I thought I had paid for the goods. Settled up there and then with no charges. Never used them since.

russ295
    Free Member

The wife used to use them. Bought about £300’s worth of clothes and they never turned up. Got in touch after a few weeks and they reconed they had been delivered and signed for by a neighbour but didn’t know what number or even what street. Items were still on monthly statement and as they hadn’t arrived I refused to pay. They wanted me to pay in full whilst they investigated where they had been delivered to.
    Went on for about three months and late charges were added but eventually got sorted.
    Account promptly closed.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Shame, as holly willowbooby looks great.

weeksy

I had a nightmare with them too. It was bloody pathetic as far as service goes.

tron
    Free Member

I managed to get through to them at 7 this morning, and was repeatedly told that I’d need to ring back at 8 to get hold of a different team. Eventually they said they’d cancel the order for me.

It’s now 11 and the order’s still showing on my account. Contemplating wasting more £s on the phone and ringing them again…

ElVino

Very are part of Shop Direct group which are owned by the Barclay brothers (also own Yodel, Ritz hotel and Telegraph) Even though it might take a while and is not as satisfying their email response people are pretty good if you can navigate through their help section on the website.

joao3v16
    Free Member

holly willowbooby looks greataverage

Some people are far too easily pleased 🙂

Right, now that error’s been addressed…

I’ve bought stuff from very.co.uk on their 3-month 0% interest offer with absolutely no problems. And we got 10% off our first order. Just like it said on the tin.

It’s more likely the OP filled in the details incorrectly, or didn’t click the 3-month option, rather than the website’s wrong.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with very.co.uk? Absolute nightmare…’ is closed to new replies.