Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Dealing with stress…..I'm struggling
  • roadiesean
    Free Member

Thanks everybody for going out of your way to drop your thoughts, I am always glad to have the people on this forum to vent, rage or tell the good things to. I am an incredibly sociable person and have run large companies and huge numbers of people, but for the past three years it is just me. And, no Cinnamon Girl, I never ask my wife to make me coffee ! And when you can’t talk about your problems to your missus because its partly about her, partly about the worries financially (that she doesn’t want to know about and rightly so) its even harder. As a bloke, I find it easier to talk about “emotions” than most, but I don’t have a really close mate that I can talk this sort of stuff through with, a sounding board if you like. I agree with the whole “ride to work” thing, but it does get worse at this time of the year, so I will definitely try Kaesae’s suggestions. And anger management I honestly feel is dealing with the symptoms, not the root cause, I don’t think its the answer. I am just in a constant state of massive anxiety and anything kicks me off.

I can’t thank you all enough for caring about someone you don’t even know to take the time to respond and let me know that what I’ve been under is probably a bit more than the usual amount of stress, it really helps, it really does.

hora
    Free Member

Sounds like a cliche but suburban-life gives us certain expectations.

Love life as it can be very short and end at anytime. If you went in 5minutes would you regret anything/not expressing something?

NZCol

I can sympathise here – very similar. I have spent the last year working almost entirely alone, i have 10 staff bit I spend literally all day in the office alone. Running a business is stressful and anyone that tells you otherwise has never run a business. I’ve just had a very very lucky break and been offered the opp to sell my business and go back into a FT job which I am really looking forward to. It means i get to talk to people and interact. Honestly, I can;t tell you how hard I find self-working and this is a person who has built and sold 2 (now) multi-mill $ businesses. It drives me potty. I too was whingeing, shouty, angry man – i hated myself. I was drinking a lot more than i should and totally lost perspective. My wife, thank god, is a very strong person who had no problem telling me how it was. Communication is key, your wife needs to read that post or you tell her it, even read it out. She is your wife and loves you therefore will want to see a +ve change. Talking is the start and I absolutely recommend speaking to someone professionally. If you want more help, support whatever email in profile. Good luck.

Kevevs
    Free Member

good luck mate. Deffo let it out on here! rant and rage. This place is good for typing crap. I don’t know much but In my experience that it is better to be around people day in day out rather than being stuck in a room doing a thing. That’s my own personal perpective. Take a break… Life ain’t that serious.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Sounds like a cliche but suburban-life gives us certain expectations.

Love life as it can be very short and end at anytime. If you went in 5minutes would you regret anything/not expressing something?

Lost for words, Mark is maturing 😉

But he is right, if your living a life where you are constantly compared to everybody else in a elite society* (read the select few) that are perceived to be better than you, then that drags you down. Try moving to a place that doesn’t judge you for what your worth in monetary terms, enjoy the moral high ground & stop worrying about money & being successful.

*This may or may not have been your choice of location to begin with, but my guess it was your wife’s.

Sorry if I have got it entirely wrong, good luck whatever you do.

tang
    Free Member

I’m a anxiety sufferer here. I work alone most of the time, which is not great(miss my work peers/pals) plus I’m at home often with the wife and family which is lovely but it can get a bit tangled. I’ve shuffled things about and do half a day volunteering at the end of the week. Takes me away from my own sphere of problems and the people I do it with are great.

roadiesean
    Free Member

Hora, you’re right, its what I keep saying to myself, but its not been helping, thats why I’m at this place.
    2unfit2ride, nah, thats not me, I work as little as possible to get what I need to have the life I want to lead, its not the volume, or the type of work I do, I love it, really, love it, but its the stress of the rest of my life that seems to be the problem. Its the way i am interacting with others and the fact that working alone I have no-one to spend the days with, that is definitely the problem. Keeping up with the Joneses ? F8ck that, couldn’t care less about what the Joneses have, I just want to be properly happy again (I know I should be, I have a fantastic life and great people around me)and not feeling like shite every time something crops up.

I just need stress dealing techniques, or it’ll all go Pete Tong.

Thanks again for your thoughts guys.

Hohum
    Free Member

Working on your own in your own home is no fun.

I think it would drive me nutty.

I left my last job at the end of October because I was faced with working on my own in an office with over 600 other colleagues. That sounds like a bit of a paradox, but none of them were in my team or department and I hated it.

Good luck roadiesean. You have identified that things need to change and I am sure you have the nouse to make those changes.

Dan1502
    Free Member

I’m currently working from home having set up a new business fairly recently and find it strange. I think it’s due to not mixing with people as much, lack of routine etc. I haven’t really got anything to add to whats been said but have found this thread helpful to read and was a little surprised by the positive responses to a post on a forum. Very refreshing.

NZCol

Thing is you see, it’s a sign of strength not weakness to be able to ask for help with things like this. It’s impacting your life and your relationships and possibly your business.
    So that means you have taken the first step and you are talking about it.
    Life is too short to fanny around pretending to be happy, you actually do yourself an injustice if you do not actively work to be happy.

Sounds like the lyrics from a song FFS.

Anyway, offers there, i’m working all week because I am on holiday (yes you see when you own a business that’s what happens once you tire of the champagne breakfasts and 10hr working weeks :lol:) so i’ll be on email.

Kisses and love to all I am feeling quite relaxed today. Oh one other thing, I take Nervine Calm in the form of a tablet – its got a few herbal things in it and since i started a few months back I have noticed a difference.

EDIT: I also only buy organic, quality beer and limit myself to a couple 3 times a week. I’m a no limits sort of guy so can sometimes go a bit OTT and it never helps wrt feeling good.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with stress…..I'm struggling’ is closed to new replies.