Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Dealing with (possibly) cowboy builders
  • Mintman
    Free Member

So,

I was quoted 8 working days for some work at chateau Mintman and on Monday we will be entering week 8. The builder isn’t returning my calls and we’ve had all sorts of excuses over the 8 weeks “explaining” the delays. A week ago we agreed a deadline (17 Nov) and it’s now likely that it won’t be met. We’re tired of the lies and dishonesty so starting to look at alternatives in order to get the work done. It’s annoying really as the quality is there but no planning and numerous lies about attendance,

So has anyone got any tips / experiences of dealing with tradesmen like this or small claims courts? The money I owe outweighs the work left by about £600 but he does still have my new front door that I’ve paid approx (£1500) for.

I just want the work completed or an agreeable breakpoint established and would rather avoid small claims action. I’ve proposed finishing the work, handing over the door or court action and encouraging him to call. I’ve checked .gov sites and think we’ve covered our bases in terms of SMART targets and there are a few text / emails supporting this but any top tips on gratefully received before we think about deploying the full wrath of the law etc etc? I’m an aspiring lover not a fighter so owning and bombers are out I’m afraid.

Cougar

Pay for the work done, don’t pay for the work not done, deduct costs for any subsequent remedal work, sack ’em off and get someone else.

tomhoward

*Paging footflaps, footflaps to the thread please*

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with (possibly) cowboy builders’ is closed to new replies.