Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Dealing with long term pain
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

I was wondering if anyone on here has suffered from long term pain and how they managed it?

I have suffered from viral arthritis for 7 years and I have been struggling to deal with it for the last few months. Obviously I get pro help but wondered if anyone else had similar issues?

heavyman
    Free Member

I suffered from what the Doc told me was arthritis and my joints were getting so bad that I couldn’t get up from bed without sitting rocking my calf’s and ankles for 5 minutes, then the knees etc, the Doc kept prescribing Naproxen (for 3 years). I had done research and found there was no cure for arthritis, I couldn’t feel sorry for myself when I read that children can be plagued with it.

Anyways while researching I found a link to Aspartame poisoning and the effects it can have on your joints. I decided to cut it out of my diet which was quite hard as it is in almost ALL diet drinks and is also in a lot of foodstuffs now. Within 48 hours of stopping drinking Pepsi Max, other diet drinks and I was getting out of bed without the previous palaver – a miracle, no, apparently this issue is widespread. Not saying that yours is caused by Aspartame but try getting it out your diet it may help a little….

I’ll try find the site again and post it, very informative and quite scary!

allthegear
    Free Member

Not sure if it is helpful but http://www.paincommunitycentre.org is a website I helped create many years ago that contains a lot of educational materials for Healthcare Professionals. A lot of the learning materials are fairly consumable by the rest of us. 🙂

Actually, my next project is to drag it kicking and screaming into some more modern web technology…

Rachel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Dealing with long term pain’ is closed to new replies.