Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Dealextreme Trorches
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Just got my DX P7 and it’s awesome – think I paid less than £50 and the light is really bright – actually got flashed/beeped a couple of times on the road as it seems to be too bright for oncoming vehicles on the highest setting.

Haven’t properly taken it off road yet but I imagine it’s bright enough. I don’t get the dimming problem yet even bar mounted on a road bike on shitty country roads!

TheFopster
    Free Member

For anyone reading this and wondering which is the “best” DX torch, a word of advice from my personal POV. You can spend your entire life perusing the bewildering array and still not know what to get. Best thing to do is just pick one and go for it.
    All the latest LED torches using the high output emitters are bright enough for off road riding, so you can’t really get it very wrong. A P7 is VERY bright, so just pick one of those for the bars and either another for head if you want it, or maybe something a little smaller – in which case at present I’d say look for something with an CREE xpg as the emitter.
    Give yourself a pre-set amount of time for messing about on the DX site and then just hit the order button or you’ll be there for weeks. I have a couple of P7s and while there may be others with “better” beam patterns, the two of them together chuck out so much light it’s not really a big deal – they are more than enough for me…

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Dealextreme Trorches’ is closed to new replies.