Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • DealEXtreme Oakley's – Has anyone checked to see if they offer UV protection
  • njee20
    Free Member

I don’t think they’d be any more or less likely to do that than other budget sunglasses (EDIT: or not so budget ones as per rocketdog).

+1

I don’t think anyone’s expecting shotgun levels of resistance from £10 glasses…

ashfanman
    Free Member

+2

If you have a crash where you hit your sunglasses hard enough to shatter them, surely not wearing them would just mean that you’d smash your face against the rock/tree/whatever? It’s not going to be pretty either way…

clubber
    Free Member

Mine arrived today – so that’s essentially a month from ordering. From a distance (eg for anyone looking at them on someone wearing them) I don’t think you could spot them as fakes.

Close up they’re more plasticy in feel and the non-visible edges definitely aren’t as neat (eg under the nose contact points when they’re flipped up) but they’re not bad especially considering the price. I’d say they’re similar quality to what you’d be ok getting for £30-£40 otherwise but look better. The nose contact points aren’t quite the same as genuine ones but again, similar enough to not be obvious.

pics below – the main thing that’s not quite right is that one of the Oakley “O”s on the arm has paint that goes beyond the “O” (you can see it on the last pic)

The lenses seem ok – no obvious distortion but since I plan on fitting genuine oakley lenses that’s not really something I’m too interested in. They come with: gold vented, yellow vented, grey (possibly mirrored) non-vented.

Oh, the jawbone pivot has a torx bolt like the genuine ones.

will
    Free Member

They look really good! Think I might have to put an order in 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sod it I just ordered 2 pairs of ‘fashion’ glasses. Cant go wrong for £5.88 for the pair!

Woody
    Free Member

Cant go wrong for £5.88 for the pair!

Did exactly the same a couple of hours ago – worth it for the case alone 😀

clubber
    Free Member

I_Ache – Member
    Sod it I just ordered 2 pairs of ‘fashion’ glasses. Cant go wrong for £5.88 for the pair!

Jawbones? link?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not jawbones clubber. Oil rig and Eyepatch by the look of them.

Not got much to loose if they don’t suit me. Unlike the Frogskins I got a week or two ago.

meehaja
    Free Member

Hello, sorry for the thread resurection. I didn’t go for Jawbones, I went for Radar’s I tihnk? Anyway, there’s weird clear plastic “glasses” inside the lens. Looks odd, are they meant to be there or do i remove them?

Thanks

Dimmadan
    Free Member

That clear lense is how lots of glasses manufacurers put pescription lenses in. You don’t need it.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

2nd of three orders shipped today….still waiting for the first one to arrive.

12 days to ship first order.
    10 days to ship second order.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I had my order shipped yesterday. 10 days from order to full shipping. Not too bad for DX. Looking forward to getting them.

kimbers

ive actually got some colleagues that work in an optical physics lab think i might order a pair and see how they block uv compared to my real oakleys……

I_Ache
    Free Member

Kimbers if you are near me you are welcome to test mine when they arrive. North Brum BTW

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone’s expecting shotgun levels of resistance from £10 glasses…

If you buy bolle safety glasses you do 🙂

Northwind

Who’s up for a bit of testing? I know a man with a shotgun and I have a few pairs of Bolles, anyone got any spare eyes?

Trouble with these knockoff Oakleys, is that they still look like Oakleys. If you really want to look like Bono, then fair enough and I suppose it’s good that it’s now cheaper.

Lifer
    Free Member

Cheaper for 2 pairs than the Blocs I would have got to replace the Blocs I broke.

I_Ache
    Free Member

£3 Each for me.

I’m up for testing northwing. I will let you know when miner come. You supply the shotgun.

higgo
    Free Member

I don’t suppose anyone has a quick guide to which ‘DX Leisure Glasses’ look like which Oakleys?

(by DX SKU if poss)

BenjiM

Received my pair of Jawbone lookalikes from DX today. Very impressed. No paint work out of line, very comfortable (for a short period so far). The case is great plus theres the neck strap and cleaning cloth and bag with it. One set of lenses(dark) however doesn’t have cut outs which is no big problem. And it has a Torx bolt fastening.

rOcKeTdOg

BenjiM+1 inc non vented lens

Jaws by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

geoffj

Mine arrived today too – excellent, I’m well impressed with them. I’m going to order another pair just to keep in the truck 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Higgo can’t get the numbers now as on my phone. The two that I ordered had customer images that showed the model name on the arm just like real ones do.

clubber
    Free Member
    BenjiM

Just got back from a 2 hour ride with them and they’re far more comfortable than the bolle safety glasses I’ve been using for the last 3 years. Really quite impressed with them.

Sum
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered the same black and red Oakleys as Clubber – Sku 68824. Seem worth a try.

Now to check out a suitable prescription lense supplier. Anyone got any recommendations?

thehustler
    Free Member

Wh needs the knock offs……. got me a prescription set of these…….

……..ariving this week, by far the best lens available optically, and usable on and off the bike

thehustler
    Free Member

you being a peado or knowin all abou them would know this?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

English?

carbon337
    Free Member

They look rubbish though.

fathomer

Just ordered a set of jawbone ripoffs, black/white 😀

Can anyone tell me the name of the ebay seller that does the lenses that fit?

carbon337
    Free Member

Visionarylenses in US

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Why risk buying cheap Oakley’s and getting inadequate UV protection and lens clarity, also you are supporting the illegal counterfeit black market, also STW are openly supporting this tut tut.

meehaja
    Free Member

yup.

Houns

Yep, if this was a thread about fake booze/fags/illegal downloads stw would have melted in rage

grum
    Free Member

Although if it was about how best to evade import tax on bike bits or electronics most people wouldn’t care either. :shrug:

Lifer
    Free Member

flippinheckler – Member
    Why risk buying cheap Oakley’s and getting inadequate UV protection and lens clarity

Because I think spending over £30 on a sunglasses is mental. So I got 2 pairs for less than that.

grum
    Free Member

+1

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘DealEXtreme Oakley's – Has anyone checked to see if they offer UV protection’ is closed to new replies.