• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by br.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Deal made with wife. Need a nice apartment Peebles/Glentress
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

So after a few G & t’s we have agreed to a summer beach holiday abroad (which she wants) and a beautiful visit to the borders.
    But I need to find a self catering apartment/flat/shack in the Peebles/Glemtress area….preferably with a hotub.

Any recommendations?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Ah..Needs to be two beds at least as well.

boxelder

Peebles Hydro deals? Can ride from the hotel into GT in 30 mins. Pool, sauna, hot tub, spa, etc

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Can ride from the hotel into GT in 30 mins.

30 minutes? More like 30 seconds and you’re on the Janet’s Brae climb up to the trails!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

You could walk to the Peel in 30 minutes from the Hydro!

trail_rat
    Free Member

or crawl paralytically drunk in that time !

the macdonald cardrona would be a bit further but still not half an hour surely ?

mindmap3
    Free Member

If the hot tub isn’t the most important thing, we stayed at a place called the Bothy on the outskirts of Peebles which was really nice. You can walk direct from the front door and there is bike storage too. The owners are lovely too.

The Bothy is only small and has a single double bed, but they also have a bigger holiday home but I can’t remember what it is called.

eemy
    Free Member

My friend rents out Eshiels Toll house (right next to the Glentress Hotel). No hot tub but handy for the trails.
    http://www.lencottage.co.uk/E_Toll/E_Toll_in_Detail/index.htm

northernmatt

Haven’t been but this place popped up when I was looking a few months back

Pirn Road Holiday Apartment, Innerleithen

boxelder

More like 30 seconds and you’re on the Janet’s Brae climb up to the trails!

Alright, alright, I was thinking back to riding to Buzzards Nest or whatever it’s called with little kids and a tag along (drunk, in the dark and mud, on 26″ wheels and a gale force headwind).

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks, will be bringing the kids so really does need to be two bedrooms. Bit expensive aren’t they, might just goto northern Spain for the same price.

mindmap3
    Free Member

The place we hired was about £300 or so for the week and I seem to remember the bigger place was about the same price too.

darrenspink
    Free Member

That sounds good, will look into that mimdmap3 ta.

br
    Free Member

Ah..Needs to be two beds at least as well.

What, for you and the wife? 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Deal made with wife. Need a nice apartment Peebles/Glentress’ is closed to new replies.