Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Deal Extreme lights
  • TheDBF
    Free Member

Finally got my deal extreme lights today, seems quite good for the money, however, no instructions in regards fitting to bike, in fact no instructions at all !!!

Also, there doesn't seem to be any way of fitting to bike ?? As the light it's self doesn't have anything to fit to bars !!

Only other thing in the box was two different sized O rings

Is this normal ??

stompy

MrGreedy

I assume you mean the Magicshine ones that everyone on here went loopy about a couple of months ago?

If so, it's a bit difficult to describe but there should be a plastic lug sticking out at the front and back of the base. You need to wrap one of the O-rings round the bars and loop over the lugs at either end – you can just about see this in the photo below (ignore the loops to the right, which are just the cable wrapped round the bar to keep it tidy).

DT78
    Free Member

The o ring is for you to attach it to the bars. If you have the same one as me, put the lamp on your bar, put the oring on the front clip, stretch it round the bar and clip it to the back of the light. Easy.

Edit – as pic above. I wind the extra wiring round my steerer, and have the battery pack under the stem.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

this looks a nice set of lights with good reviews, where have you been ordering from? funny how they look almost identical to my lupine and even the battery and holder look the same, only difference is the connector 🙁

MrGreedy

There was a flurry of threads about these a while back – try this one for starters or do a search for DX, Dealextreme or "Bastid":

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/best-lighting-solution-for-about-100-is-it-tesco-torch-time-already

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

ordered some dx lights or my girlfriend, hopefully they will turn up soon. have just been on the site and under new arrivals they have 4400 mAh batteries for them for $30 which seems pretty good. just thought some of you might be interested in this

Danny

racing_ralph
    Free Member

The DBF – if you are talking about the magicshine then **** me! Its not rocket science!!

allthepies
    Free Member

FFS!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Deal Extreme lights’ is closed to new replies.