Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Deal extreme light – helmet light specifically!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

can any one point me to a joystick type one from there with matching helmet mount please? lightweight and only for the helmet, so not bulky, something like the exposure joystick etc.

many thanks

excalibur

I've had a couple of these "TR801 (sku.15335)" for about a year now. I strap one direct to the top of my helmet tightly with a velcro strap. Lightweight, low profile and runs about 3hrs on full. They have tight bright beams with good distance. If you want more flood, look at others or suffer the extra weight of a P7 type torch. They are great as directional helmet lights in combination with a P7 flood mounted on the bars however.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I'm no longer up to speed with which of the many torch-type LEDs are best but these universal mounts have proved very robust and secure for mounting just about anything on t'lid.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigJohn

I've got the 16092 torch and one of those universal mounts. Slightly heavy, but I'm very very pleased.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

big john!! spot on just what im after! how does it seem? 900 lumens sounds good, what battery does it take and do you get a charger with it??? yay this looks just what im after!!!

also what are the runtimes like??? it says 30-60mins on the description?

cheers

woody2000

I tried one of the P7 torches on my lid, but it was just too heavy IMO.

If you want an "joystick" type, you'd be better with something like this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13095

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers then that ones about the same as those cheapo ones on ebay of 200odd lumens, may just buy a universal mount thing linked above and get one of those ebay ones see how it goes for £4 😆

BigJohn

I couple the head torch with a Lumicycle Led3 on the bars. The light wouldn't be enough on its own if all your mates have got Bettys and Wilmas (like mine) but it's OK if you're alone.

I have 2 of the batteries and a charger, all bought on the same order, cost £36 in January and delivery time of 10 days. Battery life – because i don't have the light on up fire roads I've never had to change the battery on a 2 1/2 hour night ride.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Deal extreme light – helmet light specifically!’ is closed to new replies.