Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Deal Extreme
  • bellys
    Free Member

I need a new battery for my solar storm light has any body use there battery’s ?
    I was looking at this one http://dx.com/p/waterproof-8-4v-5400mah-rechargeable-2-in-series-3-in-parallel-li-ion-18650-battery-pack-275082

Thanks

Doh1Nut

I have used some packs off there. I stripped them down to change the voltage (needed 14.4).
    On the posative the packs showed the claimed capacity as measured on a smart chager (using discharge test)(it was a 26650 not 18650 cells).
    BUT the quality of the tab welding was pretty poor and there were scorch marks where one cell had been shorted. The shrink wrap for each individual cell was very thin.
    Buying from China / HK would make it impossible to claim back if Royal Mail binned your batteries.

Might buy from UK ebayer like Torchy the torch boy

dti

I have just purchased a new battery pack from ollyboyd via ebay, really good

Northwind

I got a Bikeray battery off ebay to replace an old tired Dealextreme one, it seems good- hasn’t done anything unexpected, lasts well, came in a good case too. But haven’t taken it apart or anything.

Trouble with DX batteries is just uncertainty- I have a couple of batteries from different lights sourced from there, both claimed to be the same spec, one is good, one is not- they don’t control their supply chain so you can buy 2 identical looking lights and get different batteries, never mind 2 different models. So it’ll always be a gamble.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

I’ve use done of their battery packs before now and the tab broke aft falling off the table onto a wood floor.

bellys
    Free Member

Thanks I will get one from a uk supplier.

fozzybear
    Free Member

mtbbatteries.co.uk

AlexSimon

That one from ollyboyd might be a bit pricier, but it looks pretty good.
    Same size as the ones we’ve got, waterproof case, swappable cells, 6100mAh.
    Tempted
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solarstorm-X2-6100mAh-waterproof-battery-pack-box-Panasonic-Keeppower-inside-/121244233398?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1c3ab82eb6

AlexSimon

Bought in fact

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Deal Extreme’ is closed to new replies.