Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dead mouse smell – what to do about it?
  • benz
    Free Member

Mouse infestation – believe in garage. Humanely caught and dispatched.

Blocked up one hole which I felt likely to allow access garage/house.

Old evidence of mouse activity in house loft and the 2ft high 'basement' via some droppings.

No mice heard or caught over last 3 weeks.

Smell appears to be under floor – but due to low basement height and pipes/lagging I cannot actually get to where smell is – almost under floor/in wall cavity.

Checked drains, etc all fine.

Hot weather this week led to smell.

Anything I can do to rid smell or is it just a case of letting any small corpses rot and dry?

yossarian
    Free Member

buy a snake?

wwaswas

letting any small corpses rot and dry

that was the advice we got in similar circumstances.

at least the warm weather should speed the process.

alexonabike

We had a similar issue, although we did not know what had died. Smell, followed by flies. lots of flies. everywhere.

Good luck.

fadda

We had similar a few years ago, and I could only think of a) find bodies and dispose of them, b) mask the smell with something from Tesco (which may be just as bad!) or c) wait for it to dry/disappear.

Couldn't do a), tried b) but it was indeed worse, so ended up doing c).

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Been in the house long? If not, simply call the Police at say there is a strange rotting flesh like smell coming from under the floor. They'll be round in a jiffy and have it all out for you*

*NB, if you adopt this approach, I ain't said nothing, right!

They may also dig over you garden for free if you ask nicely

ratcatcher

dead mouse smells for up to 10 days rats about 14 very little you can do. mask smell possibly use cat litter may absorb some of the smell.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ha ha . . . reminds me of when No 2 son complained that his pile of clean washing smelt like something had died in there. I told him that as he'd left it in the bathroom for weeks instead of putting it away, it was probably getting damp 🙄 . . . cue a quick look which revealed a dead mouse which had decided to chew through a pair of boxers and jeans before finally giving up 😳

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dead mouse smell – what to do about it?’ is closed to new replies.