Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dead island (The Game)
  • organic355
    Free Member

am I missing something here?

impulse buy last night in tescos as it was only £15. Had a geeky night of gaming and a few beers planned. Game was turned off after 15 minutes as was very tedious, and actually quite hard.

Started the game with the army guy (Ryder White) 1st then Logan.

lasted about 15mins with ryder and kept getting killed by a suicide zombie thing, with Logan didnt even manage to pick up a weapon. I am fairly experienced gamer, but I found it a bit tedious picking items up.

Am I missing something with this game before its gets traded in tomorrow?

Drac

It’s very poor I found.

Still it’s only £6.79 on Steam at the moment so worth a pop anyone wanting to try it.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Its worth persisiting with, after a while you’ll get a few good weapons, that you keep repairing and modding a bit. Its a very ambitious game that doesn’t quite pull it off, but it took me a long time to get bored of throwing machetes into zombies heads…

But it doesn’t explain the goals very well to begin with and I struggled to work out what was going on/i was supposed to be doing in the first few scenes.

Drac

As a side note Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are superb zombie games especially in multiplayer and they’re also on steam sale.

unklehomered
    Free Member

/\ Better multiplayer on L4D as well, i find MP on DI a bit annyoing and turned it off.

One of the very few games I enjoyed and completed. Had the katana sword and was a major bad ass

Too much swearing though as my boy wants to play it but can’t

organic355
    Free Member

Ok I take it back, I’ve got into it now, think I wasted the whole afternoon and evening on it. Still running between the lighthouse and lifeguard station/ beach though, hoping its going to move on soon?

atlaz
    Free Member

One thing to remember is to use the fast travel map. I didn’t really think about it until I realised I was spending half the time running up the same bit of road.

organic355
    Free Member

When do I get some better weapons ?

Just got the upgraded cleaver. The modded nail/ bat and some hammers, crow bars etc.

samuri
    Free Member

My lad loved it, I don’t think he had any problems finishing it. I struggled though, I can only play one first person perspective game at once because I get confused with the controls 😉 I think I was playing Left 4 Dead at the same time.

Better weapons are awarded by finishing certain levels. The grateful survivors get all giddy when you bring them there ‘stuff’ and reward you with various weapons. You’re using your rage meter no ?

Don’t spunk your cash on upgrading weapons unless it’s a keeper – you’ll know when it’s a fantastic weapon

organic355
    Free Member

No not using rage meter, I knew I was missing something, how does that work?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

its ok but nowhere near as good as it could have been, rage meter is key, took me a while to suss that out, forget how you do it but you have ot wait for the icon to be fully red? then it slows down time and you can pick your targets.

end of the day games like this do get boring, go here get that, take it back to point b, etc

mind you i cant wait for GTAV

unklehomered
    Free Member

There’s a button, when your Rage meter is full the pulsing, you can push it and you go batsh*t mental and batter anyone with in a few yards.

Machattes, bats, sickles etc are keepers, and get ontop of cars if you need a breather and are surrounded.

I got Max Payne 3 in the Steam sale earlier, first impressions are of massivley over excited awesomeness…

30 Gig download though… took a while as had to do it at night to not max out my limit.

makeitorange
    Free Member

3 friends and I bought it on release(xbox) it was excellent as a Co-op game but the difficulty seems to not adjust at all for single player, making it a horrible slog if you’re on your own. Recommend only if you have gaming mates.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dead island (The Game)’ is closed to new replies.