Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Dead fox
  • DavidB
    Free Member

The local fox died in our garden today. Pretty harrowing actually as I think it had been poisoned. It stumbled around a lot then collapsed and died.

Comedy and serious suggestions needed as to what to do with it. The freezer is too small for a Friday Night Dinner dad type fox storage farce.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Whens bin day?

Or over next doors fence..

mintimperial

🙁

The nearest vets will probably sort you out, give them a call.

jota180
    Free Member

Just dig a hole and bury it or bag it and put it in the bin

lemonysam
    Free Member

butcher

Make a bag. The legs can be the straps.

Drac

Creepy Taxidermy?

DavidB
    Free Member

Interestingly it has died half under the fence so we could have a nice little neighbourly dispute over disposal.

bearnecessities

Was it Samuri?

DavidB
    Free Member

No it had gears

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Dig a hole, and bury it in the garden.
    That’s what I did when I found our local fox after it’d been hit by a car.
    Was gutted if I’m honest, they’re beautiful animals.

mudshark
    Free Member

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Bonfire?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s not just sleeping?

codybrennan
    Free Member

Its funny (not ha-ha) how many dead badgers I see out my way, sprawled almost elegantly alongside roadways.

They always look otherwise undamaged.

Funny that.

nick1962
    Free Member

Warranty issue surely? Contact the retailer

nostoc
    Free Member

Call the council and they will collect it.

66deg
    Free Member

Boom Boom.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Don’t leave it too long or it will start to Moulder.

andyl
    Free Member

Get it turned into a sporran

teethgrinder

What did it say before it died?

mattbee

Send it to Mojo, probably just needs a service and a new seal kit.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Dump it near a rookery.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Septic tank.

allthepies
    Free Member

Those pesky farmers innit.

teasel
    Free Member

Expanding on the taxidermy idea – using a globe and said stuffed fox make a three dimensional version of the Firefox emblem up there.

An excellent gift for someone special…

codybrennan
    Free Member

Probably.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Why would you gut a fox Teeto?

Weasel
    Free Member

codybrennan – Member

Its funny (not ha-ha) how many dead badgers I see out my way, sprawled almost elegantly alongside roadways.

Funny that.

I was out for a ride a few years back and a tree had fallen across this lane and there was a dead badger at the side of the road, as I was manouvering my bike over the fallen tree a guy on a motorbike the opposite side was wondering how to get round/over (not really possible) then pointed to the badger and asked if it was dead – I was so tempted to reply no it’s just resting

hounslow
    Free Member

A fox died in our garden this time last year, checked and council said they would charge to dispose as it was on private property. It was frozen solid so I quadruple bin bagged it and binned it.

maccruiskeen

bag it and put it in the bin

Its not really wise to mix foxes and bin bags, Mr Fancy Man.

slowoldman

Interestingly it has died half under the fence so we could have a nice little neighbourly dispute over disposal.

Push it right through.

zippykona

A brush with death.

rickmeister

Turn it into an alluring item of headwear…

Then you can insist friends wear the fox hat

captmorgan
    Free Member

CountZero

codybrennan said » Its funny (not ha-ha) how many dead badgers I see out my way, sprawled almost elegantly alongside roadways.
    Funny that.

🙄
    D’you have any idea just how solid a badger is? I really, really wouldn’t want to hit one with my car. The only time a badger does look damaged is after a very large truck has gon over it.
    Several times.
    Farmers don’t need to dump them by the road, they’ve got plenty of fields to bury them in; badgers have a habit of trundling across busy roads because it’s their nocturnal commute, a mate who drives as a job found one loping along the central reservation of a dual carriageway in the early hours, he actually drove alongside it and said they’ve got a pretty impressive turn of speed!

DavidB
    Free Member

A live fox has turned up this evening so we are sitting it out to see if it will bury or eat its mate

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Please don’t let the other fox anywhere near it. From what you described the dead fox may have been killed by some ****knuckle farmer using anticoagulant rat bait without the proper controls. The risk of secondary poisoning if any of the local wildlife start nibbling on it so soon after death is actually quite high.

If you are willing to make the effort I would recommend bagging it and getting it tested by the RSPCA. As a professional pest controller farmers poisoning stuff makes my pee boil.

DavidB
    Free Member

Good point. We will sort him out tomorrow

scandal42
    Free Member

Re a few comments above,

Badgers that are seemingly dead at the side of the road are not always as they seem, a badger can look dead but actually come round in time. A good idea (not) is to put it in the back of your car and wait for it to wake up as you drive, if you do this then please video it and post the results on here.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Dead fox’ is closed to new replies.