Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Dead Day
  • 40mpg

I formally declare today a Dead Day.

Its an official working day so I came into the office, keen to get some stuff done. Everyone else seems to have either taken a days holiday, gone sick 🙄 or just not turned up at all. One of my colleagues did turn up (late) but had left her laptop at home so spent most of the morning trying to get access to email from a spare PC – to find she had received none.

All my emails have got out-of-office replies. Although I shamed one of the other directors into appearing briefly, but as he had the kids he had to go again.

So I’ve now called time, and will be heading home shortly to go ride my bike in the sunshine 😀

Shame its not like this every sunny Friday!

hjghg5
    Free Member

Yup, I’ve received one work related email all day and everything I’ve sent out has got an out of office message in response. I’m not sure I’ve heard a phone ringing so far today.

My OH worked Monday – Wednesday but is off today because so many people were taking the day off that they just decided to close. Rather jealous.

john_drummer
    Free Member

When the first day back after new year would be a Friday, we stay shut until the Monday. We do have to save 4 days annual leave instead of the usual three, but it does make for a nice long winter break

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    40mpg

When the first day back after new year would be a Friday, we stay shut until the Monday. We do have to save 4 days annual leave instead of the usual three, but it does make for a nice long winter break

Yeah, I don’t know why we didnt do that. Have done with other companies.

jambalaya
    Free Member

In the office, catching up on a few bits and pieces. If I didn’t have this chest infection still I would have taken the day off to go riding. Beautiful day.

jekkyl

I’m in work and with plenty to do, riding tonight and spending the day with my little girl tomorrow so snot too bad.

flange
    Free Member

Been full of flu the past couple of days, laid up in bed. Dragged myself in this morning feeling like death warmed up only to find no one in. Brilliant.

Pook

I’m working from home but actually trying to work. My the one email i’ve had all day came into my inbox like tumbleweed in a spaghetti western. And it was bloody HR reminding us to log our ours.

simon_g

Yep, very quiet here. London is lovely though, near-empty train in, pleasant boris bike through traffic-free roads, and the big construction sites near the office aren’t up and running until Monday so it’s blissfully quiet.

Current client gave all their staff Christmas Eve and NYE off (no holiday needed) so for 5 days of leave you could be finished on Fri 19th and come back on Monday 5th. Most people seem to have done exactly that!

grahamg
    Free Member

Yes, we were helped along by all essential IT systems being offline all morning. I plotted the next few weeks of long weekend bike ride routes though as internet not affected…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Here in the scenic bar of the “Hotel du Laque” above Lake Garda it’s a beautiful sunny day with just a hint of mist on the shimmering mountain-tops above the sparkling azure of the lake below and I’m sipping thoughtfully on a chilled Prosecco whilst contemplating the appalling lives of those who are not fortunate to be independently rich.

Must go, the twins are getting a bit antsy…

lunge

I’m in and it’s actually quite a nice day to be here. Very quiet, no pressure to do anything but it does mean I can clear the 200+ e-mails I got over Christmas and prepare myself to be at work properly Monday. It also means I can go to the pub after work with colleagues as it is Friday after all!

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

More like a ‘contractually obliged to turn up’ day.

In work, but not exactly working.

More dead than 26″

Closing the door at 3pm thankfully 🙄

MoreCashThanDash

We are disposing of all our paper case files, so have spent the day looking fondly at property records for some lovely cottages that I will probably never get to inspect again. Sad day, but that’s progress.

rOcKeTdOg

Got to stay until 5 “just in case” there’s an emergency specimen, hardly anyone else here though so if everyone could stay away from A&E today that’d be good

globalti
    Free Member

I only came to work because we work a short day on Friday and I didn’t want to lose a day’s holiday for a Friday. Arrived to find the heating broken down and the temperature in the office 12 c. Went out and found a warm coat in the car and even though the CH is working now, the office is still freezing so everybody’s wearing coats. Haven’t had a single call or email so going to knock off soon and go for a haircut.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Loosely booked “between Xmas and New Years” off, which of course didn’t include today, been up all night with D&V and feel like hammered crap – figured no one would believe me if I called in sick.

I’ve got some work to do, but I lack the capacity to do it any justice and it’s not a rush job because all my clients are closed today.

The Boss is rewiring the office ready for the worlds slowest decorator to finish my office so I can move back in. So I’m tired, sick, displaced and bored, but at least I can’t infect my family from here.

medoramas
    Free Member

I’m half asleep all day. The only work-related thing I had to do was to print 4 copies of a drawing. Dead Day, indeed…

DezB
    Free Member

I just popped out for a 3 hour lunch break to view a car 40 miles away. No-one noticed.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Gah. My clients have woken up. Just had to do a 40 minute phone call 🙁

Can I go back to sleep now?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Utterly dead here, but went for a nice 5 mile walk at lunchtime around a very quiet City of London

northernmatt

Been quiet all day. Managed to make 10 minutes of paperwork last about 3 hours. Spent most time looking for a weekend break for me and the missus.

ourmaninthenorth

Been in since 9, and enjoyed the quiet time to get ahead before all hell breaks loose again next week. Nice to catch up with (now former) legal team colleagues and chew the fat over lunch.

Was meant to finish at 2, but now 3.40 and still emailing people/setting up appointments for next week. Just trying to work out where I need to be and when next week.

I’m working from home, so far I’ve tidied up this years expenses and received one email. Don’t think that anyone is our the office today. I’m going out to buy an Xbox one shortly which will end productivity for the day.

benji
    Free Member

Went to work this morning,was going home 15 minutes later 🙂 no work booked in, anything I had been involved with had been completed and collected, so asked if I fancied a days training, well I didn’t need to be asked twice, so spent a very pleasant 55 miles in the sunshine.

CountZero

I was asked before Christmas if I minded using one of my days up and not coming in today. I asked if that was a trick question. 😉
    I believe there are a few people in work but I’m not one of them. 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Dead Day’ is closed to new replies.