Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • DB air shocks vs Fox/RS shim air shocks, more of a debate really.
  • sv

Is there any real difference in feel or ride quality? Somebody on here had said a DB Inline isn’t suitable for the Maestro suspension design. Surely they all pass oil through orifices in some manner? Just wondering…

stewartc
    Free Member

No expert but just been on the Cane Creek website and used the DBInline fit finder and it appears to be compatible with the 2015 Giant Reign and 2014 Trance 27.5, which I presume uses Maestro suspension still?
    I have a DBAirCS on my Mach6 which replaced the OEM Float X shock, I feel its a major improvement mainly in tracking, still playing with the settings but I am never going back to Fox (for now anyway).

chiefgrooveguru

The Maestro suspension is quite similar to the KS-link on the Banshees, which work brilliantly with the various CCDB models. The base tunes on the Trance and Spitfire (both 140mm) are quite close, with the Spitfire just having a bit less low speed damping.

A perfectly tuned shim stack based shock will be just as good (which is one reason you don’t see loads of pros running Cane Creeks) but how many of us get the chance to have our shocks tuned to match how we ride? With the CCDBs you can do it yourself!

sv

My DB feels fine on the Trance was just wondering…

chakaping
    Free Member

Comparing the CCDB Inline to a Pushed Fox RP shock – yep there’s a big difference and it’s all good.

I’m on a four-bar bike, but Maestro has a low leverage rate doesn’t it – whereas the internet worrying I’ve seen concerned single pivot bikes (possibly combined with fatties?)

renton
    Free Member

Interested in this too as the standard Foc CTD shock that came on my 2015 trance is **** !!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘DB air shocks vs Fox/RS shim air shocks, more of a debate really.’ is closed to new replies.