Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Days Guiding – Verbier
  • HindlePie
    Free Member

Heading to Switzerland in July where we’ll be staying up the Rhone valley a couple of hours drive away but fancy a days riding in Verbier.

Anyone got any good gpx routes or can recommend a good guide for a days riding, mainly using uplifts? Singletrack riding preferred.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

http://Www.bikeverbier.com might be able to fit you in with their lodging clients, worth asking. They rightly have a stellar reputation with lots of return business, hoping to get back out there when my annual leave allows.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d ask about tagging along with a BV group too. They were brilliant when I went out there and the quality of riding is like nothing else I’ve ever experienced. Tend to gear their stuff more towards the techy singletrack stuff as well.

jambalaya
    Free Member

For a day you can ride the marked VTT trails and add in one or two other descents. The big lift up from the valley in Les Chables runs all day (easy to park there and get lift up then you can finish with a big descent). As does the one servicing the bike park trails. Note the Tzoumaz lift shuts over lunchtime. The runs down from Savoleyere to Tzoumaz through the woods are a bit more unofficial but good. Follow your nose/tyre marks. I found Vallon D’Arby a bit boring (probably as I failed to ride the rocky technical sections !), ride from lift at top of bike park around towards Croix de Couer/Savoleyere, climb 150m to Col des Mines then follow path left. There is a good descent to valley floor from top of bike park round to La Chaux then down. You can ride down from Verbier village under Les Chables cable car past a small church. The swiss paths are well marked with signs

Stuff can be pretty steep there ! The Red bike park trails are quite lively, I didn’t try the blacks.

Have a look online at maps here Online Maps

If you drop me an email I will try and send you a map with some of this marked, sorry no GPX

You could also try these guys – I think they are same side as you will be (ie Nendaz/Sion) – bestrails.ch their quoted weekend prices are rather high

[video]http://vimeo.com/83843763[/video]

johnhe

I found the bike park reds really challenging in Verbier – more like blacks.

A couple of times over the years I’ve managed to tag along with a Bike Verbier outing, and I wholeheartedly recommend it. Makes for a great lifelong memory of world class trails which are a world away from bike park stuff.

HindlePie
    Free Member

Thanks Guys. I’ve e-mailed BV.

DBW – Techy singletrack sounds good, FYI I was on your TW Halifax ride last year with you guys.

jambalaya – YGM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Days Guiding – Verbier’ is closed to new replies.