• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • daydreaming
  • jedi

anyone else daydreaming of snowboarding……..cant wait 🙂

nedrapier

Ha! yes! 😀

chamonix again, jedi?

jedi

No. See where snow falls late December. Val d’isere March and maybe chamonix April

dingabell
    Free Member

I’m going snowboarding to Austria in January for the first time ever and I’m only 47!
    I think I might die?
    What I need is for a certain Jedi to open a ‘learn to snowboard’ centre so I can do a day course there.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Just daydreaming myself…………….nothing too specific.

deadkenny
    Free Member

dingabell – Member 
    What I need is for a certain Jedi to open a ‘learn to snowboard’ centre so I can do a day course there.

I’d need a learn to put up with falling on my arse while learning and not break my wrist, kind of lesson. As that’s what I did when I tried.

Doesn’t help that I’ve been skiing for yonks and picking up a new way of traversing snow is hard. As Yoda says, you must unlearn what you have learned. 😀

I do daydream about skiing though, especially following the awesome amount of powder in Utah this year!

colp

dingabell – Member
    I’m going snowboarding to Austria in January for the first time ever and I’m only 47!
    I think I might die?

Get some padded shorts (Demon etc) and wrist protection or gloves with built in wrist plates (Level Fly)

Where about in Austria are you going?

jedi

I’m looking for early season dump and head for easy slopes for my girlfriend

garage-dweller

looking for early season dump

Charminix 😛

(Sorry couldn’t resist)

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’m not even sure where it is in Austria?
    Will definitely get myself some ‘anti wrist breaking gloves’.
    I’m going to book a beginners day course at Milton Keynes to find out if I have any chance of getting down a ski slope on a board rather than on my butt?
    I’m sure I’ll be totally awesome (or something like that).
    On a more sensible note…..clothing. Apart from the obvious ski jacket and trousers, do I need loads of thermal layers, and where should I look for them that won’t cost me an arm and a leg?

RobHilton
    Free Member

I’m going to book a beginners day course at Milton Keynes to find out if I have any chance of getting down a ski slope on a board rather than on my butt?

Get padded shorts – maybe 2 pairs.

Seriously.

jedi

booked mid march val disere so far 🙂

jimdubleyou

Xmas in Val Thoren.

Quite excited already and there are 3 months to go!

jedi

Maybe la clusas early Jan or Austria Dec/Jan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘daydreaming’ is closed to new replies.