Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Day Van recommendations
  • beano68
    Free Member

As above, could anyone recommend a decent 2 berth day van, this would be replace my car and give me the options for weekends away and decent space for the bike.

Looking at up to 10k

Thanks

km79
    Free Member

I am currently looking at both a lwb transit connect and a lwb caddy, both car versions with rear seats as opposed to the van.

I intend to use as a day to day vehicle and then remove rear seats for weekend use with either a double bed in back with bikes secured outside or with single bed in back and bike inside.

The lwb versions give enough length in the back for a bed without having to incorporate the front seats.

Somewhat of a compromise between a full size van and a large estate car. But seems to be a lot cheaper.

beano68
    Free Member

Snap mate, so many options, but don’t really want to get something big and it’ll cost more to run but do intent to do a lot of traveling with it.

Just need space for me and the wife and the dog and obviously the bike

km79
    Free Member

Ideally i would like to have something big enough like a lwb traffic which could accommodate a double bed and have bikes inside at same time. But I don’t need a van for work and do around 20k miles a year so can’t justify the extra running costs.

Similarly the smaller normal length versions of that size of van don’t lend themselves to both a double bed and bikes inside so for me no real advantage over the smaller vans like the caddy and connect.

Like you say, so many options!

bigad40
    Free Member

Another hurdle is the Diesel engines on commercial vehicles need to comply to local low emission zones!
    There’s already talk euro 5 motors are dirtier than current standards allow.
    Petrol engines are not as regulated, yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Day Van recommendations’ is closed to new replies.