Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Day trip to Blackpool – how bad?
  • LadyGresley
    Free Member

As someone who was proud to say “I’ve never been to Blackpool”, I then moved in with my lovely man who’s lived there most of his life. It really is like lots of small towns, grotty in the centre, but nice in the suburbs. But you do have to avoid the centre at weekends, although cycling along the prom is fine, all the pissheads are in the bars.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Spent an afternoon there a couple of years ago visiting a friend of MrsSalmon. We didn’t see any particularly outrageous behaviour TBH although there were a few hen groups already staggering about by lunchtime.
    But it’s just a seedy, depressing dump. Can’t see myself ever feeling the urge to go again.

globalti
    Free Member

Twice we’ve cycled along the lower seafront, which you never see from the promenade because it’s at the foot of the cliff. It’s literally a blast when the wind is blowing you along; you can make a circular ride of it by taking the foot ferry at Fleetwood over to Knott End then working your way back through the lanes.

Won’t be doing that again though as somebody has since told me the lower prom is a haunt for cottagers. Eeek! Especially bad news when the transmission gets clogged up with sand sticking to the lube, fnaar fnaar.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Day trip to Blackpool – how bad?’ is closed to new replies.